W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The charger can control charging if it is intelligent and the Ohme switches on and off to reduce tariff (4.5p/kwh is their best Go tariff); this is particularly important if you are on an Agile tariff where the energy supplier is negotiating wholesale rates real time and passing the savings on to you. The car cannot do this although Porsche offer the Home Energy Manager (and a lot of qualifications) which might achieve it.
I use the App or Porsche Connect for charging timers and profiles, although I have used the PMC too. I have had several overcharges and unless this is because there is no API for the charger it is a software conflict in the car. As I have found and reported several such conflicts to Porsche already (which they have accepted) and at least one was removed after the software update, I am fairly confident this one will be removed eventually. The App is effectively a Beta version and I would encourage everyone to feed back their gripes or it will not be removed. Porsche have told me that they are expecting a major upgrade of the App at some point.
Ok that makes sense.

Overcharging doesn't normally occur as long as you have a departure time set (i.e. set to when your off peak ends).

I have 100% free electric between midnight and 07:00. I have never overcharged and use the PMCC.

The app is not perfect but generally works as designed buy equally you don't need to use it as the car is the main point of control.
Sponsored