W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This is really helpful, no I don't have smart lift either. Nor can I configure individual drive mode.
Ok so it's a general glitch. You could try disconnecting the 12v battery (5 mins max) which should reboot everything. Perhaps ask your dealer to do this.

Individual mode comes with Sports Chrono then on the assumption you have that option then this may be cured with the same hard reboot.
Sponsored

First Name
Sven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had the same problem already two times. Each time for about a week, before it recovered without any action from my side. I‘m going to ask the dealer for a software update. We have a 2021 4s. Software version PCM is 3397. What version do you have?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I had the same problem already two times. Each time for about a week, before it recovered without any action from my side. I‘m going to ask the dealer for a software update. We have a 2021 4s. Software version PCM is 3397. What version do you have?
I'd need to check but I don't think there is a pending software update to get (may be wrong). Could be that in my case the map update this morning cleaned up something else which had been preventing the Range mode options to reappear - a stretch I know but ..

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hi, I realized today that in range mode, the max speed can be set(if the option is available) but it changes depending on the destination set in your nav system.

When I had no destination, the max speed was 100km/h as set in the option.
And when I set a destination easily reachable, the max speed changed to 150km/h even if it’s illegal unless i drive in Germany.
Porsche Taycan Help please - I am not able to adjust max speed for Range mode 0DD58B78-ADE4-448B-A44A-57F837FB9B67
Porsche Taycan Help please - I am not able to adjust max speed for Range mode 0991BE26-30DA-4E80-8794-A603D4B5EC34

• Wow
Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I can set max to 140km/h

First Name
Sven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
FWIW range mode is not something that you really need to use. It has very minimum effect on range.
My experience is, that it increases the range by at least 10%?! When you look at the distrubution of power, in range mode you drive a FWD, while in „normal“ it is RWD (when you don’t Need Full power). I assumed that increases the efficiency?!

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
FWIW range mode is not something that you really need to use. It has very minimum effect on range.
Incorrect. Range mode adds up to 10% of range over normal mode in low chassis height. Tested many, many times. All settings the exact same, just with the dial on Range vs Normal, you can get up to 10% more range in Range mode. Usually closer to 5 or 6% more.

Sorry I saw this thread so late. There is an earlier thread about this bug. I had it for about 2 or 3 weeks and it randomly resolved and hasn't popped up again. Porsche dealerships had zero clue how to fix it.

Rocky

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, CT4S
Country flag
Hi, just picked up my 2022 $s a week ago, I do a weekly 200 mile highway drive and want to adjust the max speed for Range mode - on another thread it says to go to the Drive mode screen below then click on the three dots to the second screen below. However, after clicking on the three dots on the first screen I only see Options > Vehicle settings. The Range Mode Drive configuration screen is not accessible. Anyone know why I don't have this option or if there is another way to increase the max speed for Range mode?

1642361268586.png

1642361297727.png

Thanks!

Sam
I'm in the same boat, Sam, and I have had my CT4S for 3 months. Dealer says no longer possible though I am pursuing this. 2022 manual in app does not agree. We should obviously have the facility. What range mode speed do you have as default? Mine is 100kmph

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'm in the same boat, Sam, and I have had my CT4S for 3 months. Dealer says no longer possible though I am pursuing this. 2022 manual in app does not agree. We should obviously have the facility. What range mode speed do you have as default? Mine is 100kmph
It most definitely does exist.

I've always had it and configured my max speed to 80 mph. Last week the menu items disappeared from the PCM but reappeared at the weekend. They are also available on the Simulator although can be temperamental to use

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Well, my experiences are opposite.
I’ve been driving in Normal mode most of the time, with summer tires, 21”wheels, with average consumption was between 25-28kwh/100km. That was from September till mid November, where temperature was between 15-20degrees.
Now, I’m driving Range almost all the time, same relation (home-work), winter tires on 20”wheels with average consumption 22-25 kwh/100k…..where outside temperates are close (or below) to zero.

so, I’d say that something about 10% goes on Range mode account (lower chasis, ECO mode….), where 20” vs 21” might be compensated with temperature differences?

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Well, my experiences are opposite.
I’ve been driving in Normal mode most of the time, with summer tires, 21”wheels, with average consumption was between 25-28kwh/100km. That was from September till mid November, where temperature was between 15-20degrees.
Now, I’m driving Range almost all the time, same relation (home-work), winter tires on 20”wheels with average consumption 22-25 kwh/100k…..where outside temperates are close (or below) to zero.

so, I’d say that something about 10% goes on Range mode account (lower chasis, ECO mode….), where 20” vs 21” might be compensated with temperature differences?
My comment re. Range Mode having a minimal effect on range was based on switching between Normal & Range Modes. From the photos you can see range in Normal was 202 miles and in Range was 212 miles. A 10 mile increase , or around 5% which I consider minimal.
My experience is, that it increases the range by at least 10%?! When you look at the distrubution of power, in range mode you drive a FWD, while in „normal“ it is RWD (when you don’t Need Full power). I assumed that increases the efficiency?!
202 miles in Normal Mode & 212 miles in Range Mode. 10 miles or 5% improvement, I consider that minimal.

Porsche Taycan Help please - I am not able to adjust max speed for Range mode IMG_1106.JPG

Porsche Taycan Help please - I am not able to adjust max speed for Range mode IMG_1107.JPG

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@dickp , afaik, your numbers are predictions, while I was talking about consumption and noticed differences between Normal and Range.
whenI said 22-25kwh/100km, 25kwh was at mornings (temperatures below zero), and 22 kwh at afternoons 9up to +5C) driving home from work.

First Name
Sven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I also meant the real consumtion. My daily drive to work is a 50 km mix of highway and ordinary road. If I drive the same speed profile (max. 150km/h when no speed limit and slower if limited) I come to about 10% difference.

OP
OP

samfrancisjr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you everyone for you input - took my car to the dealer and they disconnected all the power and low and behold all of this is now working properly - the good old hard reboot! 5-10% increase in range with range mode might get me from Denver to Aspen without charging along the way. I make the drive once a week so I will be stoked if range mode will get me through the 200 mile journey.
Sponsored