Help with colour choice?

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and just finalising my spec for a Turbo (November build). I have pretty much settled on all my option choices after weeks of agonising like most people BUT still cant decide on the paint colour. I am strangely drawn to 'Coffee Beige' and currently have that on order with lots of Black to add contrast including Mission e Wheels and brake calipers in Gloss Black. I think it looks great on the configurator but am I being stupid picking a colour I have only ever seen in a picture!! Just sick of the White, Black, Grey and Silvers which seem to have dominated every choice of colour I have made in the past. Is it time for a change? Is Beige the new Black :angel: Thoughts anyone??
Sponsored

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and just finalising my spec for a Turbo (November build). I have pretty much settled on all my option choices after weeks of agonising like most people BUT still cant decide on the paint colour. I am strangely drawn to 'Coffee Beige' and currently have that on order with lots of Black to add contrast including Mission e Wheels and brake calipers in Gloss Black. I think it looks great on the configurator but am I being stupid picking a colour I have only ever seen in a picture!! Just sick of the White, Black, Grey and Silvers which seem to have dominated every choice of colour I have made in the past. Is it time for a change? Is Beige the new Black :angel: Thoughts anyone??
The only thing I would say is that I'd take the colour representations on the Porsche Configurator with a large pinch of salt..
I was really lucky when I went to my local dealer for a test drive that they must have had 20-30 Taycans all turn up at the same time on a delivery so managed to see a great combination of colours and trim levels. Some colours look very different in real life compared to the configurator (Carmine Red, for example). If you can get to a dealer with good stock levels it might be worth it.
I'm considering Ice Grey instead of white but just not brave enough without seeing it in person.

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
The only thing I would say is that I'd take the colour representations on the Porsche Configurator with a large pinch of salt..
I was really lucky when I went to my local dealer for a test drive that they must have had 20-30 Taycans all turn up at the same time on a delivery so managed to see a great combination of colours and trim levels. Some colours look very different in real life compared to the configurator (Carmine Red, for example). If you can get to a dealer with good stock levels it might be worth it.
I'm considering Ice Grey instead of white but just not brave enough without seeing it in person.
Thanks for the reply. I am going down to the dealer next week to see the samples but there is no chance of seeing a car in coffee beige feeling nervous about my order. Have a week to land my choice before it gets locked down. My default is Dolomite Silver but just wanting something a different.

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1599846154767.png

lower left is coffee beige. From here.
It looks very Beige in this picture but that may still work well especially with Black leather interior and Neodyme trim!
I am also concerned that the dealer will heavily discount my car at trade in time if they think the colour will cause it to be a stick around in the forecourt?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
the acceptable colors in descending order is:
  1. Gentian Blue
  2. Carmine Red
  3. Dolomite Silver
  4. Volcano Grey
  5. Jet Black Metalic
  6. Carrera White Metallic
  7. Black
  8. White
  9. Mamba Green
  10. Frozen Blue
this list is definitive and correct - and I expect zero disagreement with my personal tastes in this matter - the entire internet is likely to agree with this ranking, and it should be zero argument - it is in fact sooo correct - virtually no one will disagree with this ranking - I expect this posting to receive zero feedback other than people affirming their admiration for my deep insight and clarity with regards to this correct and inarguable color ranking.

you personal worth and self esteem will be tied to my ranking of the color you choose - so choose carefully as everyone else will agree and discuss your class ranking based on your Taycan color choice as indicated on this listing…

I hope you choose wisely and in alignment with my personal value system - it would be a disappointment for you to choose one of the "lesser" colors and I will send software updates to your PMCC that will make it overheat with alarming regularity frustrating you in the morning when your battery is not topped off like you expect.

also the wrong color will make the Taycan slower, and less fun to drive and degrade the handling and porsche brakes - there are soooo many downsides to picking the wrong color - why don't you let me do it for you so we get this right....yeah that's it - I'll just do it!!!

I look forward to your choice no matter how bad it is!!! Cause you're going to love the car!!!
:rock::clap::):like::cool::brokenhearted::handsinair::fist bump::sun:

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
  1. Gentian Blue
  2. Carmine Red
  3. Dolomite Silver
  4. Volcano Grey
  5. Jet Black Metalic
  7. Black
  8. White
  9. Mamba Green
  10. Frozen Blue
this list is definitive and correct - and I expect zero disagreement with my personal tastes in this matter - the entire internet is likely to agree with this ranking, and it should be zero argument - it is in fact sooo correct - virtually no one will disagree with this ranking - I expect this posting to receive zero feedback other than people affirming their admiration for my deep insight and clarity with regards to this correct and inarguable color ranking.

you personal worth and self esteem will be tied to my ranking of the color you choose - so choose carefully as everyone else will agree and discuss your class ranking based on your Taycan color choice as indicated on this listing…

I hope you choose wisely and in alignment with my personal value system - it would be a disappointment for you to choose one of the "lesser" colors and I will send software updates to your PMCC that will make it overheat with alarming regularity frustrating you in the morning when your battery is not topped off like you expect.

also the wrong color will make the Taycan slower, and less fun to drive and degrade the handling and porsche brakes - there are soooo many downsides to picking the wrong color - why don't you let me do it for you so we get this right....yeah that's it - I'll just do it!!!

I look forward to your choice no matter how bad it is!!! Cause you're going to love the car!!!
You are 100% correct in your list except Dolomite Silver is first

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
  1. Gentian Blue
  2. Carmine Red
  3. Dolomite Silver
  4. Volcano Grey
  5. Jet Black Metalic
  7. Black
  8. White
  9. Mamba Green
  10. Frozen Blue

I note your list excludes all the new 2021 colours
  1. Gentian Blue
  2. Carmine Red
  3. Dolomite Silver
  4. Volcano Grey
  5. Jet Black Metalic
  7. Black
  8. White
  9. Mamba Green
  10. Frozen Blue

:clap::clap::clap:

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
Hi All,
I was sold on Gentian Blue, Carmine Red, or White (Concept color). But my dealer had a Dolomite Silver Turbo S that I fell in love with. Dolomite has a lot of metallic in it, almost has a liquid metal look.

Honestly, I don't care for Coffee Beige. For resale alone I would go with Chalk (Crayon) as something similar instead. However, metallic colors look really good on the Taycan. Mute or matte colors not so much.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
note your list excludes all the new 2021 colours
I pulled the color list from the Porsche USA configurator site.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Dolomite Silver is an absolutely knock-out color - my no. 2 choice and the most maintenance free and completely safe in terms of whether or not you'll like it. There is a huge risk that the coffee beige won't look like you think, because you just can't tell using the configurator or a small sample. You might not think it looks great, and what a disaster that would be. The question is, what's the difference in your preference between the dolomite and the coffee beige? I got the Carrera White because I was tired of having silver cars and I saw the model at the Frankfurt Motor Show. If you're in the same boat regarding silver cars, it might be worth the risk. I do like the idea of the contrast - beige/black. The car could look absolutely incredible, or you could be stuck driving a car with looks that you're not crazy about, but you'll never know if you play it safe and order the silver.

There, have I made your life more difficult??:devil:

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Dolomite Silver is an absolutely knock-out color - my no. 2 choice and the most maintenance free and completely safe in terms of whether or not you'll like it. There is a huge risk that the coffee beige won't look like you think, because you just can't tell using the configurator or a small sample. You might not think it looks great, and what a disaster that would be. The question is, what's the difference in your preference between the dolomite and the coffee beige? I got the Carrera White because I was tired of having silver cars and I saw the model at the Frankfurt Motor Show. If you're in the same boat regarding silver cars, it might be worth the risk. I do like the idea of the contrast - beige/black. The car could look absolutely incredible, or you could be stuck driving a car with looks that you're not crazy about, but you'll never know if you play it safe and order the silver.

There, have I made your life more difficult??:devil:
If you don’t like the colour, you could get a wrap that you do like. I am not a fan of the crayon colour, but saw a picture of one with wide blue stripes that looked stunning. It broke up the colour.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Help with colour choice? New 2021 Taycan Colors 1598398600658

I tried to correct the whitebalance of the photo. Should give a better impression of the colours.

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
New 2021 Taycan Colors 1598398600658.jpg

I tried to correct the whitebalance of the photo. Should give a better impression of the colours.
That’s really helpful, thank you. I guess it’s now down to whether I ‘dare to be a little different’ or stay with the more conventional choices. What’s worrying me is that I have not come across anyone else that’s ordered Coffee Beige or neither has my dealer! He said people are more put off by the name than the actual colour itself!