Help with Cross Turismo 4S specifications

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Hi

I need to confirm my 4S CT order today. Could you tell me if I missed anything important ? I just rulled out Burmeister, hoping Bose has improved over the years....

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMNP2ZW5

Thanks in advance for you advice
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Bose is great in the Taycan (see other threads where this has been discussed and compared to Burrmeister).

Off-road design pack is questionable and looks like an afterthought (sorry). Pointless bits of plastic and not currently offered up as colour coded (no doubt in time).

Wheels - 20” - great choice

Suits silver but not a fan of black window surrounds however it provides a contrast and matches the roof rails.

22kW AC charger - do you need it because DC options are limited?

No DC 150kW 400V option - should be there I’d say (rather than 22kW AC).

Nice spec!

OP
OP

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bose is great in the Taycan (see other threads where this has been discussed and compared to Burrmeister).

Off-road design pack is questionable and looks like an afterthought (sorry). Pointless bits of plastic and not currently offered up as colour coded (no doubt in time).

Wheels - 20” - great choice

Suits silver but not a fan of black window surrounds however it provides a contrast and matches the roof rails.

22kW AC charger - do you need it because DC options are limited?

No DC 150kW 400V option - should be there I’d say (rather than 22kW AC).

Nice spec!
Thanks !

I actually like the offroad package very much, IMO looks better that way than painted - I want the TC to be more outdoor activity oriented than luxury/Sport. It reminds me of the Audi allroad...

22 kW AC charger is really recommended said my Sales rep - I'll try to get more info on why that is.

I'm still undecided on dolomite silver, my second choice would have been volcano but that's way too dark, I feel we loose lots of details in the design with such a dark color. Agate grey or Silver GT would have a no brainer.

Delivery expected in July

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Thanks !

I actually like the offroad package very much, IMO looks better that way than painted - I want the TC to be more outdoor activity oriented than luxury/Sport. It reminds me of the Audi allroad...

22 kW AC charger is really recommended said my Sales rep - I'll try to get more info on why that is.

I'm still undecided on dolomite silver, my second choice would have been volcano but that's way too dark, I feel we loose lots of details in the design with such a dark color. Agate grey or Silver GT would have a no brainer.

Unless you have specific reasons for the 22kW charger and know you can support it at your home, it’s rarely worth it for most. At the moment it also disables plug and charge when DC charging. In fact, Porsche had removed it from the option list for 2021. Are you ordering a 2022?

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This car is for Europe (MY21) - given July delivery.

Euro 22kW AC onboard charger doesn’t appear to be limited as per US 19.2kW equivalent and hasn’t been withdrawn from the configurator.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks !

You’ll need 3 phase AC power at home (nice if you have it and I’ll shut up right now!) and if not then the only reason to recommend is limited DC charging options in your area (which I would be surprised at but worth checking).

It’s an expensive option (pointless in UK for most) and if you don’t have 3 phase electric supply it becomes very expensive indeed for what is ‘slow charging’ compared to your DC options.

I get the All-Road look but it just seems unfinished to me and the rear plastic wings just look like add-ons. Chacun à son goût I guess!

OP
OP

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You’ll need 3 phase AC power at home (nice if you have it and I’ll shut up right now!) and if not then the only reason to recommend is limited DC charging options in your area (which I would be surprised at but worth checking).

It’s an expensive option (pointless in UK for most) and if you don’t have 3 phase electric supply it becomes very expensive indeed for what is ‘slow charging’ compared to your DC options.
Very interesting... I'm looking to change house within 6 months (no idea whether it will be 3 phase or not)... in my area there aren't that many charging options the fastest ones go up to 50 kW CSS or Type 2 43kW... Superchargers are expected by the end of the year. Perhaps I should just cancel that 22 kW AC option as you recommend.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Very interesting... I'm looking to change house within 6 months (no idea whether it will be 3 phase or not)... in my area there aren't that many charging options the fastest ones go up to 50 kW CSS or Type 2 43kW... Superchargers are expected by the end of the year. Perhaps I should just cancel that 22 kW AC option as you recommend.
Before you do that a couple of things:

1. Porsche Mobile Charger Connect (PMCC) - if you specified it - can charge at 22kW if you have a 3 phase supply. Therefore if there is an option to have 3 phase then the onboard 22kW AC starts to make sense (at a push).
2. Porsche Mobile Charger Plus (PMC) - is standard with the car - I don’’t think it is 22kW capable but will be 11kW. Again, to get this power you will need a 3 phase supply but as the car already has an onboard 11kW AC charger you don’t need to do anything further.
3. If you have a single phase supply and have a dedicated 32A feed from your fuse box to the charger then the maximum you can expect will be around 7.4kW. This is true for PMCC and PMC+ or any charger for that matter (regardless of the max rating of the charger, limiting factor here is the electrical supply).
4. For overnight home charging 7.4kW is ample to charge from say 30% to 85% within 7 hours (or whenever your cheapest electricity rate is). Perfect therefore for daily top ups. Porsche recommend a max charge of 85% and not 100%. 100% can be set if you plan to use most of that charge as soon after charging as possible. This is all to protect the battery. So if going further afield an overnight charge up to 100% is fine.
5. Speak with an Electrician who will install your 32A (or equivalent for your region) from your fuse box to determine what is best for you. I’m using UK data for the discussion.

50kW DC CSS (standard for Porsche) is great for fast charging - 2 hrs for 20% to 80% charge.

Lastly, do check with your dealer as to why they are pushing 22kW - not a bad option per se but it might be one you don’t actually need or would use in normal circumstances.

OP
OP

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just spoke with my dealer
He says the 2 advantages are
- at home : charge faster with 22 kW supposing i have 3 phase
- on trips : some chargers are 22 kW which allows me to charge twice as fast than with 11kW

to which i replied
- at home : no need to charge fast as i work at home
- on the road : i will look for 50+kW chargers... there are plenty and more should be coming soon

so i canceled it

the question i have is : will it make it harder to resale the car without the 22kW onboard charging option ?

OP
OP

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Aldo did the comparison bose vs burmeister with different lossless songs with usb cable & iphone

Bose sounded fine ! much better than i thought. Then i listened to the burmeister.
i was with a friend and we both couldn’t believe our ears. Improvement over Bose is quite significant! Sounded much better than my current macan turbo burmeister system.

does it justify the gap in price ? Yes and no depending on your source quality and on how much of an audiophile you are.
So i checked the box.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So with respect to 22kW and resale I would suggest it would not have a negative impact and besides by the end of this year it can be retrofitted.

I'm no audiophile in the true sense but enjoy the tunes!

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
This car is for Europe (MY21) - given July delivery.

Euro 22kW AC onboard charger doesn’t appear to be limited as per US 19.2kW equivalent and hasn’t been withdrawn from the configurator.
Oh, I didn’t realize that. That’s interesting...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It can also be retrofitted at the end of this year apparently if it is really needed.

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Strange decision:
Like #Scandinavian already mentioned in other post:
France has quite a number of 22 kW chargers ( Renault Zoe uses 22 kW) so it is easy to find!
I personally took the option for 22kw, I’m even asking to upgrade my 3 phase at home to be higher and quicker.
And on the road you will have a lot of time where the charger is not working and you have to pick up the next best thing.
I saw again today that the only fast chargers the Total on the A1 between Paris and Lille are not working anymore. And there is nothing else around, no ionity, no fastned...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
We have many 22kW public chargers in UK too but I never use them. If nothing else around and if due to bad planning on my part I’d use one, charge at half speed (11kW) and read a book.

The cost of the option (and supply upgrade if needed) is just nuts. I don’t understand why it wasn’t made standard over 11kW, in time I suspect it will.

Reliability so far with 22kW (or 19.2kw) has not been spectacular as you may have read on this forum - UK & USA - some failing after first use and now withdrawn from US market for now.
Sponsored