Help with CT4S Config and Color (Dolomite vs Ice Grey)

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
I need to decide between 2 colors for a CT4S I am ordering:

Dolomite Silver Metallic - http://www.porsche-code.com/PNFS87X9
Ice Grey Metallic - http://www.porsche-code.com/PNN2JFH0

Questions:
1) Dolomite Silver or Ice Grey Metallic CT4S?
2) Are the high gloss black in lays very prone to scratching?
3) Are Vesuvius Grey external in lays a better pick over High Gloss black external in lays (when selecting Ice Grey or Dolomite Silver as the vehicle color)?
4) Feel free to comment and tear apart my config in general? Am I missing anything one should consider a must select option?

Color is an individual preference and subjective, having said that, I would appreciates people personal takes on the above.

Thanks!
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Questions:
3) Are Vesuvius Grey external in lays a better pick over High Gloss black external in lays (when selecting Ice Grey or Dolomite Silver as the vehicle color)?
4) Feel free to comment and tear apart my config in general? Am I missing anything one should consider a must select option?

Color is an individual preference and subjective, having said that, I would appreciates people personal takes on the above.

Thanks!
Nice spec.

Suggest viewing both colours in person and in daylight. Ice grey is basically another white which may not appeal. Personally, from the choice of two I'd go with Dolomite.

Black inlays (too early to know if they'll scratch easy but I suspect they'll be just fine). Any other colour just seems to clash with the other finishes.

All personal choices at the end of the day.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag

Questions:

Thanks!
I have a Dolomite Grey Taycan myself but like Ice Grey as well (was not available yet for MY2020). I probably would go for Dolomite again if having to choose between both. It is not a perfect grey/silver (slightly too blue) but Ice is not distinct enough from white to my liking. Ideally, Dolomite would need to be a little bit warmer, but hey...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have a Dolomite Grey Taycan myself but like Ice Grey as well (was not available yet for MY2020). I probably would go for Dolomite again if having to choose between both. It is not a perfect grey/silver (slightly too blue) but Ice is not distinct enough from white to my liking. Ideally, Dolomite would need to be a little bit warmer, but hey...
One day GT Silver Metallic will come...

OP
OP

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
This is all very helpful. Particularly the thoughts on Dolomite vs Ice Grey. I keep going back and forth, not an easy decisions. Although paying $800 for the Dolomite color vs $3200 for the Ice Grey color, in a tie breaker makes it easier.

pls keep the color suggestions coming.

also on the Vesuvius grey vs gloss black external in lays too.

RobbieRed

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag
I’ve ordered a ct 4s in dolomite as I thought it was the least “show off” colour - although from what I can gather it doesn’t matter what colour you get the Taycan in, it will always turn heads!
it looks a little “blue” in the sunshine, which I love.
This picture is how mine will be. there are specific forums on here based on colours - if you go on “dolomite silver Taycan club” and “ice grey Taycan club” you can see loads of photos of cars in the flesh.
i agonised for months over colours, but very happy with my dolomite, even though I haven’t yet got my new car!!
Porsche Taycan Help with CT4S Config and Color (Dolomite vs Ice Grey) 4B150D2A-CCD7-4FB9-9B42-E4F40557E2BF

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I recently viewed ice grey for the first time a couple weeks ago and it looks STUNNING in person. With many silvers in the wild I would definitely get ice grey.

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
A good spec and a nice looking car. My top three colours were silver, ice grey and crayon. I looked at all three in real life and my final call was 1. Silver 2. Ice grey and 3. Crayon. The silver was very classical but looked great 'in the flesh", easiest to clean and very safe for re-sale. Ice grey was quite 'white' and the metallic element discrete. Both grey and crayon look quite different depending on lighting. Extra cost of both these two (A$5000, about US$3,700) was definitely a disincentive but ended up with crayon as that was what was available off the showroom floor. I would suggest considering the electric charging port door as I think this really adds to the look with the black edge for lighter colours such as silver and ice grey.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Dolomite. Maybe not as nice of a silver as GT but I like it. It has gray highlights under artificial lights at night and sometimes bluish ones in daylight where it picks up and reflects color from the sky. Ice gray is ok but too close to white for my taste.
Porsche Taycan Help with CT4S Config and Color (Dolomite vs Ice Grey) IMG_0924
Porsche Taycan Help with CT4S Config and Color (Dolomite vs Ice Grey) IMG_0981

StefonBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross turismo 4S
Country flag
Here is the first picture of mine that is delivered this week. If it helps...

Porsche Taycan Help with CT4S Config and Color (Dolomite vs Ice Grey) IMG-20210726-WA0002

JuTheKi

First Name
Jussi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 2022, RR P400e LWB 2018 "fully loaded"
Country flag
One day GT Silver Metallic will come...
GT Silver king of all colors, Ice Grey very near top anyway. Both are stunning and give you long-term happiness ?