diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My car is set to arrive to the dealership in 10 days.
I need tips, ideas, help on the negotiation of my lease.

After looking at multiple scenarios looks like 39 months and 10k miles (plenty for my use) is the best scenario.

Does anyone know the current real MF to see if maybe I can negotiate mine? Or is it better to try raise the residual? Is it even possible?
Sponsored

Icebergmikey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 850i, Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
I’m not an expert in this but I’ve been leasing for years. The MF is normally determined/provided by Porsche. I don’t think you have much negotiation wiggle room with interest rates/MF. You should try to negotiate the price, but that’s going to be tough in this market for Taycans.

OP
OP
diegomedinaf

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I’m not an expert in this but I’ve been leasing for years. The MF is normally determined/provided by Porsche. I don’t think you have much negotiation wiggle room with interest rates/MF. You should try to negotiate the price, but that’s going to be tough in this market for Taycans.
so the MF is set and dealers cannot play with it? Up/down?
What about the residual?

I will try to work the numbers, maybe ask for something less on the sticker MSRP but with current demand im not sure how possible that could be.

FLL-Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Audi E-Tron
Country flag
Have you entertained financing? We modeled our purchase, just for sh*ts and giggles, and the lease payment was $300 higher per month than a 60 month finance.

DL81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 S, GLE 450, Taycan 4S
Country flag
The only thing that you can really negotiate on is the cap cost, which is the actual price of the car(MSRP). Residual and mf are set from manufacturer, but do fluctuate monthly. I haggled about 8% off MSRP not including 7500 tax credit, but that was in June 2021. Oh and try to put as little money down as possible, if any, on a lease.

OP
OP
diegomedinaf

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Have you entertained financing? We modeled our purchase, just for sh*ts and giggles, and the lease payment was $300 higher per month than a 60 month finance.
I do lease to pay through my business.
Finance does not give any benefit for bizz owners.
This is why I do leases and been leasing all my cars.

OP
OP
diegomedinaf

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
The only thing that you can really negotiate on is the cap cost, which is the actual price of the car(MSRP). Residual and mf are set from manufacturer, but do fluctuate monthly. I haggled about 8% off MSRP not including 7500 tax credit, but that was in June 2021. Oh and try to put as little money down as possible, if any, on a lease.
Can you please explain what is the total cap reduction and how by lowering it I’d be saving money?
I really doubt I’ll get anything of the msrp. I am locked on ‘22 price but got built as a MY23 so im “already saving” from the price increase

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Residual is locked, but dealer can mark up MF, this is 100% and they very frequently do that, so be careful with that. Also Porsche leases are one the worst usually and in current market conditions are even worse. Base MF was 0.0032 which translates to 7.68% APR. In meanwhile you can still get financing at CU’s at around 3%. It would be much better from financial perspective to get loan instead of lease, unless you can lease it using business.

OP
OP
diegomedinaf

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Residual is locked, but dealer can mark up MF, this is 100% and they very frequently do that, so be careful with that. Also Porsche leases are one the worst usually and in current market conditions are even worse. Base MF was 0.0032 which translates to 7.68% APR. In meanwhile you can still get financing at CU’s at around 3%. It would be much better from financial perspective to get loan instead of lease, unless you can lease it using business.
The only reason I will lease is what you wrote. Through the business.

I will see if at delivery date I can negotiate msrp or MF or both.
Thanks

DL81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 S, GLE 450, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Can you please explain what is the total cap reduction and how by lowering it I’d be saving money?
I really doubt I’ll get anything of the msrp. I am locked on ‘22 price but got built as a MY23 so im “already saving” from the price increase
I mean capitalized cost- referring to the MSRP of the car. Cap cost reduction is anything to reduce the cost of the car- discount, down payment, trade in etc. Simply put, your biggest potential saving is the dollar amount you negotiate from MSRP. As someone mentioned there is some wiggle room in the money factor but unless you really know the base mf there's no telling how much mark up there is.

All this to say no, it is not currently a buyers market for cars and discounts are slim to none. And yes, porsche lease programs are among the worst around. But hey I'd be happy just from the savings of leasing through business alone... GL

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Taycan lease sucks

3 components to a lease
Price
MF - interest rate
RV - residual value

The RV is the Taycan is between 46% to low 50% range.
Lower in the model line, higher the residual, lower the monthly payments.

To change the monthly payments, You can negotiate the Price of the car and make sure the MF is as close rate that Porche Financials buy rate of 7.68%. Dealers will try add to the rate to make money on that too.

If you give me your model of Taycan, price and zip, I can give your payment

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I mean capitalized cost- referring to the MSRP of the car. Cap cost reduction is anything to reduce the cost of the car- discount, down payment, trade in etc. Simply put, your biggest potential saving is the dollar amount you negotiate from MSRP. As someone mentioned there is some wiggle room in the money factor but unless you really know the base mf there's no telling how much mark up there is.

All this to say no, it is not currently a buyers market for cars and discounts are slim to none. And yes, porsche lease programs are among the worst around. But hey I'd be happy just from the savings of leasing through business alone... GL
Capitalized cost = purchase price - RV
You can lower it by increasing RV or decreasing purchase price.

OP
OP
diegomedinaf

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Taycan lease sucks

3 components to a lease
Price
MF - interest rate
RV - residual value

The RV is the Taycan is between 46% to low 50% range.
Lower in the model line, higher the residual, lower the monthly payments.

To change the monthly payments, You can negotiate the Price of the car and make sure the MF is as close rate that Porche Financials buy rate of 7.68%. Dealers will try add to the rate to make money on that too.

If you give me your model of Taycan, price and zip, I can give your payment
RWD 119400 33180

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
RWD 119400 33180
From Porsche Financial for 2023 RWD:
RV 53% (10,000 miles)
MF .0033 or 7.92%.
MRM $112,400 (Mark to Market is how much you can lease with Porsche. Above this amount you pay cash up front)

This is for 36 months, because 39 months you need to pay registration fees for the 4th year and it's not worth it.

You need to put $7000 out of pocket because you can only finance $112,400, your drive offs of around $1500 and first months payment.

Payment is around $2130 a month, give or take $20.
If the dealer increases the price you have to pay cash due to MRM.

If you get that 8% discount you wouldn't have to put that $7000 out of your pocket because you will be under the MRM

Watch the dealer documentation fees in FL. It's a nonsense fee added by the dealers and FL dealers are the worst with this.

Bring a check for around $11k and a $2130 monthly payment.

Porsche pounds you on options, then limits you on how much you can lease because of these options. It's brilliant
A good lease requires high RV and a low MF. Porsche does not offer these for a Taycan.
Sometimes on a Maycan they offer this, but not on their other cars.

Make sure your dealer shows you all of the numbers, especially the MF. Don't let them use the "what monthly payment do you want" line.

IMO I would stay away from leasing a Taycan if possible

OP
OP
diegomedinaf

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
From Porsche Financial for 2023 RWD:
RV 53% (10,000 miles)
MF .0033 or 7.92%.
MRM $112,400 (Mark to Market is how much you can lease with Porsche. Above this amount you pay cash up front)

This is for 36 months, because 39 months you need to pay registration fees for the 4th year and it's not worth it.

You need to put $7000 out of pocket because you can only finance $112,400, your drive offs of around $1500 and first months payment.

Payment is around $2130 a month, give or take $20.
If the dealer increases the price you have to pay cash due to MRM.

If you get that 8% discount you wouldn't have to put that $7000 out of your pocket because you will be under the MRM

Watch the dealer documentation fees in FL. It's a nonsense fee added by the dealers and FL dealers are the worst with this.

Bring a check for around $11k and a $2130 monthly payment.

Porsche pounds you on options, then limits you on how much you can lease because of these options. It's brilliant
A good lease requires high RV and a low MF. Porsche does not offer these for a Taycan.
Sometimes on a Maycan they offer this, but not on their other cars.

Make sure your dealer shows you all of the numbers, especially the MF. Don't let them use the "what monthly payment do you want" line.

IMO I would stay away from leasing a Taycan if possible
thanks for the master class

very good info.
I just asked them to send me the same scenario but 36mo

current scenario is 10k/39mo we are at 10k check 2059$/mo

will see if I can negotiate it any further with the info you sent me and will see what their numbers come back at with 36mo.
Actually is 7.5k check as I gave 2.5k to order my car.
Sponsored