Hi and few questions from new owner - 4s 79kwh

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
Hi All

Brand new owner on the forum and appreciate the level of info available on the forum, but have a few questions myself. Mine is a 4s 79kwh, bought as an opportunity came along and loved the test drive.

- How expensive (uk) would be to retrofit rev camera oem? Would the dealership do it?
- Is there an expectation in the future to be able to "add" further battery cells or capacity to upgrade to performance + 93kwh?
-Any retrofit items worth it? (new question now that I have the spec)
- I will likely go for the Macan EV rather than the CT for future familly needs, curious what you think the impact would be in the Taycan if they have similar powertrain, although appreciate stability is different on a sports car vs a SUV

Spec is:

White Carrara
PSCB
Mission E wheels
Folding mirrors
Bose
Onboard DC charger with 150kwh
Public Charging mode 3
Mobile Charger connect

Ta
Sponsored

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi All

Brand new owner on the forum and appreciate the level of info available on the forum, but have a few questions myself. Mine is a 4s 79kwh, bought as an opportunity came along and loved the test drive.

- How expensive (uk) would be to retrofit rev camera oem? Would the dealership do it?
Ta
get an aftermarket camera, it has been reported that the porsche OEM has been problematic
- Is there an expectation in the future to be able to "add" further battery cells or capacity to upgrade to performance + 93kwh?
that is not in the cards

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi All

- Would anyone be able to decode the VIN WP0ZZZY1ZMSA29028 for all options? Still awaiting the reg doc for the app and didn't manage a return trip to the dealer yet
- I will likely go for the Macan EV rather than the CT for future familly needs, curious what you think the impact would be in the Taycan if they have similar powertrain, although appreciate stability is different on a sports car vs a SUV

Ta
Can't reverse engineer a UK VIN in public domain. Your dealer.should be able to pull out the original order and / or interrogate the car to derive.

Rear camera is potentially possible via dealer retrofit - check Porsche Tequipment web site to see if anything listed there. Issue will be having the correct tools to enable in PCM I would guess so be wary where you get this done.

Likely more space in Macan compared to CT - check the dimensions on the configurator. Both are fairly compact inside - I had a Macan Turbo then Panamera ST and now a Taycan saloon with a ST on order pending Wednesday's announcement. Panamera wins on the space and lux front IMHO.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
In the USA you can download your window sticker known here as a “Monroney Label” which will show all the options in your build.
Log into your my.Porsche account. Vehicle details for your vehicle then scroll down towards the bottom of the page to find Window Sticker.
Hope this works for you in the UK.

Porsche Taycan Hi and few questions from new owner - 4s 79kwh 8AC5A1FF-5D2D-4B99-A9C3-4070552844E4

Last edited:
OP
OP

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
Got the spec from a very friendly dealership:

Spec is:

White Carrara
PSCB
Mission E wheels
Folding mirrors
Bose
Public Charging mode 3
Mobile Charger connect

Changed the question above just to account for this and also ask of any retrofits worth it? Would only go OEM due to Warranty

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
Hi All

-Any retrofit items worth it? (new question now that I have the spec)

Spec is:

White Carrara
PSCB
Mission E wheels
Folding mirrors
Bose
Public Charging mode 3
Mobile Charger connect

Ta
Not sure about the rev camera, but no capability to change the battery type to the performance battery.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
In the USA you can download your window sticker known here as a “Monroney Label” which will show all the options in your build.
Log into your my.Porsche account. Vehicle details for your vehicle then scroll down towards the bottom of the page to find Window Sticker.
Hope this works for you in the UK.

8AC5A1FF-5D2D-4B99-A9C3-4070552844E4.png
Not avail in UK.