Hi!! charging cards and Taycan dog -proofing! :)

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mamba 4S sport T super yay!
Country flag
Hi everyone. Very jealous of everyone who is enjoying their cars ... and hope those of you still waiting get them ASAP! :clap:

I locked today- so I HOPE this means March build and April delivery (but owing to deviated stitching I won't hold my breath.. Ive learnt a lot quietly reading on here !!!)

Qs for the UK based lot... to take up some time during the agonising wait ...

1. Did any of you sign up for any charging cards before the car actually arrived?.. if so, would you mind sharing which you've found the most useful?
2. Those of you loopy enough like me to ferry your dog(S) in the boot- any suggestions of a boot cover that isn't too crappy....?
3. I am due to have a Zappi charger installed as my electric is via octopus anyway... do any of you have any better suggestions? Or have any of you done just this and find it worked out well. ( decided against Andersen despite looking super flash)

Thanks in advance and thanks for all the posts. First post but Ive spent months of my life on here reading now and find it so useful.

PS-Expect car and 'dogs in car' photo spam when it finally arrives !!! :giggle:
Sponsored

ineedanoriginal

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I have signed up to 2 cards: the Ionity one that comes from Porsche (and well worth having), and a BP Pulse card (there is one near where I work). I haven't had need for any others.

I have 2 dogs and this was the main reason for getting the CT rather than anything else. I had a boot protector from my previous RS7 that fits well enough but I did buy a metal guard that stops them getting through into the back seats. I can't for the life of me find the details but I recall it was sold as being able to fit a Macan as well as the CT as it can expand to fit a wider car. It works well and unsurprisingly was a lot cheaper than the official Porsche offerings!

I've attached a photo from last weekend. If you ignore that the female black dog is clearly bossing the ginger boy, you can just about make out the cover and the guard.
Porsche Taycan Hi!! charging cards and Taycan dog -proofing! :) IMG_3248

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Porsche will provide you with their charging card which will arrive a few days after the car. That does Porsche Centres and Ionity but those will start automatically when you activate plug and charge in the car. Porsche card will also work at Osprey and Shell Recharge. Download the Tesla App, I use a couple of their open Supercharger locations.

I also have the InstaVolt card but not needed yet as I use their App. I have also downloaded BP Pulse App plus a few others.

I got PRG to throw in all weather mats and boot liner.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sarah's dog chariot

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have signed up to 2 cards: the Ionity one that comes from Porsche (and well worth having), and a BP Pulse card (there is one near where I work). I haven't had need for any others.

I have 2 dogs and this was the main reason for getting the CT rather than anything else. I had a boot protector from my previous RS7 that fits well enough but I did buy a metal guard that stops them getting through into the back seats. I can't for the life of me find the details but I recall it was sold as being able to fit a Macan as well as the CT as it can expand to fit a wider car. It works well and unsurprisingly was a lot cheaper than the official Porsche offerings!

I've attached a photo from last weekend. If you ignore that the female black dog is clearly bossing the ginger boy, you can just about make out the cover and the guard.
IMG_3248.jpeg
what beautiful babies
oh my goodness this is amazing .......

IMG_3248.jpeg

haha ahh I love this ! they are both stunners :) thanks for this will look into those cards and will have a eternal google re Macon boot covers etc etc . looks great :))

OP
OP
Sarah's dog chariot

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche will provide you with their charging card which will arrive a few days after thd car. That does Porsche Centres and Ionity but those will start automatically when you activate plug and charge in thd car. Porsche card will also work at Osprey and Shell Recharge. Download the Tesla App, I use a couple of their open Supercharger locations.

I also have the InstaVolt card but not needed yet as I use their App. I have also downloaded BP Pulse App plus a few others.

I got PRG to throw in all weather mats and boot liner.

Thanks for this really great info ..... will download the Tesla app too .. perfect :)))

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag

IMG_3248.jpeg
Love that pic! She a black lab?

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
if they are small dogs consider a cage, here is my setup, I also added a cheap fold down bumper cover that works really well. https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/dogs-transport-in-ct.6087/

For cards as above plus Electroverse that consolidates many networks to one card. If travelling to more remote places in Scotland Chargeplace Scotland is essential, phone signals can be poor.

OP
OP
Sarah's dog chariot

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
if they are small dogs consider a cage, here is my setup, I also added a cheap fold down bumper cover that works really well. https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/dogs-transport-in-ct.6087/

For cards as above plus Electroverse that consolidates many networks to one card. If travelling to more remote places in Scotland Chargeplace Scotland is essential, phone signals can be poor.
thanks so much for all of this.... writing it all down s I speak....... the 'average' woman plus tech is actually not that logical, so its taken me about 8 months on here and still a touch confused.....but getting there... I think !!!

ineedanoriginal

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Love that pic! She a black lab?
No, she's a rescue from Cyprus and a mix of all sorts. Most definitely the boss of the relationship, despite him being quite a lot older. It's an odd relationship - I don't think he cares at all if she was there or not; she loves having him around as it helps with her nerves.

Anyway, she gets to chose her space, and he gets what is left! The boot space is big enough for that at least!

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Depending on size of your mutt, also consider a dog bag ( https://www.roofbox.co.uk/dog-bag/dogs-pets-carriers-dog-bag.php ). They come in assorted sizes.
The benefits are:
1. They are soft and flexible, so fit nicely even if the space/height isn't quite right - 'rigid cages' will either fit or they won't.
2. Light.
3. They collapse/fold flat easily. They actually fold back into a small rucksack, but you need a masters in origami to get it to do that.
4. They keep the dog in 1 space, so leaves rest of the boot to use for shopping etc without it or the dog encroaching on each other.

I have the porsche rear boot mat, which is quite hard and slippery, so i put a bit of rug gripper underneath to stop it sliding around. I think you can get after market rubberised ones which are probably cheaper and better.

Charger - i got the wallbox pulsar - mostly because its very small and would fit were i wanted it. Decent after sales/service support.

OP
OP
Sarah's dog chariot

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, she's a rescue from Cyprus and a mix of all sorts. Most definitely the boss of the relationship, despite him being quite a lot older. It's an odd relationship - I don't think he cares at all if she was there or not; she loves having him around as it helps with her nerves.

Anyway, she gets to chose her space, and he gets what is left! The boot space is big enough for that at least!
one of the many reasons why dogs are the best :)) Ive always love nice cars but never been willing to smash cash on them.... but when I saw Porsche did electric plus dog friendly.... well that was it. £115K to prove how much I love my £400 worth of rescue dogs !!! You have to laugh. So wort it though! :) lovely you rescued. they don't stand a chance in some countries ... lucky pup ! X

OP
OP
Sarah's dog chariot

Sarah's dog chariot

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Depending on size of your mutt, also consider a dog bag ( https://www.roofbox.co.uk/dog-bag/dogs-pets-carriers-dog-bag.php ). They come in assorted sizes.
The benefits are:
1. They are soft and flexible, so fit nicely even if the space/height isn't quite right - 'rigid cages' will either fit or they won't.
2. Light.
3. They collapse/fold flat easily. They actually fold back into a small rucksack, but you need a masters in origami to get it to do that.
4. They keep the dog in 1 space, so leaves rest of the boot to use for shopping etc without it or the dog encroaching on each other.

I have the porsche rear boot mat, which is quite hard and slippery, so i put a bit of rug gripper underneath to stop it sliding around. I think you can get after market rubberised ones which are probably cheaper and better.

Charger - i got the wallbox pulsar - mostly because its very small and would fit were i wanted it. Decent after sales/service support.
Thanks for all of this. grateful! That is a fab idea re sectioning off the boot. When does the list of things to look at with this car end haha !! thanks tho! xx

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Hi. Not really an expert on EVSE devices - I have the Andersen, purely because of the aesthetics and where I have put it on my house.

I understand the Zappi is supposed to be good if you are integrating with solar. The other one that might be worth a look is the Ohme as this allows you access to another Octopus tariff that could reduce your charging costs (Intelligent Octopus) if that is of interest to you
Sponsored