High amount of second hand Taycans on the market ?

farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
I counted 118 available in the US. To put this in perspective there are over 500 used 911's.

I am not sure what website are you using for that, I see 254 Taycans for sale in US and 3800 911s. Either way, the number of used Taycans is very low and most of the used ones are 4s or turbo, hardly any RWD model.
Sponsored

jam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, '22 Macan S, Taycan 4S CT ordered
Country flag
I'm in Canada - there are 27 Taycans listed for resale, not sure the split between 2020 or 2021 - I'd say slim pickings in Canada for a used Taycan.
Similar story here in Australia. I count 7 Taycan sedans listed for resale (no CTs yet, still too new), all above list price. Stock is very low in this market and people will have to pay a premium if they want to get into a car.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was recently able to sell my Tesla for more than I paid for it 2 years ago. Now I’m waiting on a Taycan (and taking rideshares in the meantime), but the US market for used cars is truly insane. Even the new Taycans here in Austin are snapped up same day or often before they even arrive at the dealer, so anything used is offered at a premium as well. I’m just grateful to be paying MSRP.

ismelllikepoop

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 T
Country flag
It's because the gddang alarm keeps going off at random times.....I'm ready to strangle this car.

ismelllikepoop

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 T
Country flag
Yes, tried everything listed on this forum. Nothing works. Happened before even registering the Porsche app too. Not sure how the heck they didn't catch this issue before shipping these cars out, pathetic.

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
Similar story here in Australia. I count 7 Taycan sedans listed for resale (no CTs yet, still too new), all above list price. Stock is very low in this market and people will have to pay a premium if they want to get into a car.
Slim pickings indeed! There are a handful of demonstrators on individual dealer's sites that don't show up in the 7... but they aren't exactly bargains either!

I've just sold my Carrera T after 2.5 years' of ownership for more than I paid for it. Maybe I should have ticked more options on my Taycan! Too late - it's been built and is scheduled to arrive late February, which I think will make it among the first RWD to arrive here.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
Currently 47 Taycans immediately available at official Porsche dealers in Belgium. Very happy with the resale prices I'm seeing! ?

When I look the most used 2nd hand car app there are 111 listed (the 47 at Porsche dealers are included in these 111).

People are taking advantage of the good market and dealers are actively importing demo's and young 2nd hand Taycans from Holland and Germany to sell here in Belgium.

Personal note: as topic started correctly mentions: a lot (to many...) black, volcano grey and white here which slightly negatively effects value of these colors I think. The other brighter colors are far less available. Good for me with my Cherry red. ?

Last edited:

OP
OP

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
Seems that you can't compare US to Europe. If i check one of the biggest website for buying a second hand car, i get 100+ results for Taycan in Belgium, 400 in Germany.
OK, so it seems to be a local thing: 100+ second hand Taycan's in Belgium for a population of 10 million is relatively high.
Maybe it is related with the fact that in general people tend to drive rather expensive cars in Flanders because of the taxation system: The combination of insane high income taxes and low taxes on EV's is maybe causing a boom of expensive EV's.

Looks like we like to buy and sell Taycan's here, :)
This could be bad news for the resale value of my car. Although prices seem to stay high despite the high level of supply.

OP
OP

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
Personal note: as topic started correctly mentions: a lot (to many...) black, volcano grey and white here which slightly negatively effects value of these colors I think. The other brighter colors are far less available. Good for me with my Cherry red. ?
yes, I agree.
I don't believe that bright colors reduce resale value. Not on cars like this.
On the contrary. There is probably less demand for it, but also a lot less supply. Especially on the less expensive models.
If you go the the more expensive models (Turbo, Turbo S) you see more colors.
But for the RWD and 4S there it is mostly grey, black and white.

Plus, in general, people tend to take more 'risk' in choosing a brighter color in the second hand market, because they see the actual car, they are going to buy instead of a brochure.

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Velar, Harley Davidson Sportster
Country flag
As has been said used prices and long lead times for new cars mean people are in a market situation not like anything we've seen before. In the UK it's across most sectors and the van market for example, is completely mad price wise!

If you have a car and you can sell and don't necessarily need to replace it for something similar then now is the time to jump ship. How long this lasts is anyone's guess but the chip supply issues don't appear to be resolving themselves particularly quickly.

logic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-tron GT, BMW M4
Country flag
Yeah, they are readily available here. That will affect resell values (same for the Audi E-Tron GT). I guess we need to thank our Porsche/Audi importer "D'ieteren", who -I assume- claimed a high amount of build slots. But no to be mistaken, I'm genuinely grateful, since I like instant gratification. I can't bare the thought of waiting any longer than 3 months.

When I was looking into buying a Taycan, I went to the closest Porsche (non-official) seller nearby to have a look, since they had a few cars in stock. I lost interest when I found out that the Porsche dealership offered me a (greater) discount and could deliver within 3 months. Hence why some stock cars struggle to sell, even at discounted prices. Especially if they're German imported cars, people may be discouraged by potential warranty struggles.

(You'll be surprised to see how few Model S's are available in comparison)

temoor

First Name
Porsche4S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
All second hand taycan with my dealer are lemon cars which were bought back from unsatisfied customers. Please see entire report of the car before you buy and dealers are still charging more than msrp for those cars .

Bazza

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne hybrid V6 (Taycan on order)
Country flag
I don't. I waited ~7 weeks from order to delivery for my 2021 RWD. In today's crazy market, a pre-owned car would have been 15-20% higher in price and no used car available will be to my exact spec. Plus a year old already.
7 (seven!!) weeks from order to del?!
I’m gonna fly to the States and place an order there! So far been 4 months and could be another 3 +
Perhaps I should cancel and preorder a coupe??

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag
Currently 47 Taycans immediately available at official Porsche dealers in Belgium. Very happy with the resale prices I'm seeing! ?

When I look the most used 2nd hand car app there are 111 listed (the 47 at Porsche dealers are included in these 111).

People are taking advantage of the good market and dealers are actively importing demo's and young 2nd hand Taycans from Holland and Germany to sell here in Belgium.

That's crazy! I live in the San Francisco Bay Area (population of 8M) and I counted maybe 20 Taycan (new/used) nearby. The dealer I ordered from didn't even have one in stock so I had to test drive it at another dealer.
Sponsored