High amount of second hand Taycans on the market ?

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I brought my CT 2022 to the dealer for sale. why you may ask ? the car is too big and yet not as practical as I expected. Other than that it's an incredible car - I think the Macan EV will best fit my needs... just need to wait a little.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: B61
OP
OP

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
I brought my CT 2022 to the dealer for sale. why you may ask ? the car is too big and yet not as practical as I expected. Other than that it's an incredible car - I think the Macan EV will best fit my needs... just need to wait a little.
In what sense do you expect the Macan to be more practical ? Trunk space the current Macan seems to be very similar to the Taycan.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
In what sense do you expect the Macan to be more practical ? Trunk space the current Macan seems to be very similar to the Taycan.
More practical due to trunk height, ease of access to the car, and ease of parallel parking (very frequent in France). I had the Macan Turbo before and found it to be a better all-rounder. That Macan with the CT EV performance would be ideal for me.

lastsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GLE 53 AMG
Country flag
The rear seats on the taycan is really tight compared to the macan

Randylip

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan
Country flag
I just got my taycan 22 2 weeks ago and love it
I agree with many that the used market is so high people are making money on their cars
So far I am thrilled with mine

Blik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Maybe it is a local thing, but I have the impression there is a relatively high amount of Taycan's available on the second hand market in Belgium.
Most of them about 1 year old, 10000 to 15000 km. Big majority is 4S sedan in dark grey or black.
It could be a bit worrying for the resale value.
Maybe an indication of unhappy customers ? People you want to try an EV or a Porsche and conclude after one year that they are not happy with it ?
Is this the same in your area ?
Had the same impression in Belgium, which makes me even more impatient ? Put my order in begin October with the hope of delivery somewhere end March.

Dealer said many of the 10 to 15k KM's are demo cars, since the value decreases a lot faster after that. Saw some cars with 'hypothetical' 15k KM's that are already listed today but will be sold in a few months when they reach 15k.

BDH-Consult

First Name
Baudouin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia e-niro, Skoda Kodiak and newly CT4 Gentian
Country flag
Hi All Porsche Lovers,
Soon I will be part of Porsche world, I hope in JUL, car w<as ordered in Late Nov 2021 a CT4 with plenty of extras.
In Belgium as of now Jan 17th at 16:50 GMT, only 27 are second hand (regardsless of 4S/Turbo or Turbo S or CT 4/4S/T/TS and most of them with I think have low Milage so like read in a past post , most of them might be Demo cars.

Sorry in FR hereunder

Porsche Taycan High amount of second hand Taycans on the market ? taycan.PNG

DocMart3n

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Maybe it is a local thing, but I have the impression there is a relatively high amount of Taycan's available on the second hand market in Belgium.
Most of them about 1 year old, 10000 to 15000 km. Big majority is 4S sedan in dark grey or black.
Maybe an indication of unhappy customers ? People you want to try an EV or a Porsche and conclude after one year that they are not happy with it ?
I got mine in October. A 4S, ice grey metallic with 16K worth extras including head up display, glass roof, matrix lights, larger battery and all the mod cons you we all love. Worth 100K. I absolutely love the car, it is the best car I have ever driven by far.

I would not sell for the 115K - 120K that I could get now. There is definitely a sellers market in the UK at present it is absolutely no buyers market.

I am so glad I didn't get a Tesla. Once I became aware of the Taycan, how could I not succumb to the beautiful engineering it is. It feels like the machine is welded to you, it is visceral, spontaneous, immediate and so amazingly fun to drive. Only problem: Keeping to speed limits.

The quality of the engineering and the interior is great and the design so absolutely beautiful. If you are soon becoming part of the Porsche electric world you have something truly special to look forward to...

Ruthi

First Name
Ruthi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan. S x 2
Country flag
The resale market is currently high - I sold my 2020 and got $13,000 more than I paid for it. It runs the same as my 2022 and I had no issues with it. Try buying a new one, they are scarce where we are.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
Nope.
Most are dealer test cars, they need to get rid of them approx. at 10k kms.
And here they're actually quite expensive.

And as @DocMart3n said correctly, a seller's market.
I get frequent offers for my TT at +10% what I paid. Taycan's are basically sold out.
Besides, the car's perfect so what would I drive then? ;-)

frietzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Nope.
Most are dealer test cars, they need to get rid of them approx. at 10k kms.
And here they're actually quite expensive.

And as @DocMart3n said correctly, a seller's market.
I get frequent offers for my TT at +10% what I paid. Taycan's are basically sold out.
Besides, the car's perfect so what would I drive then? ;-)
Sold out? Autoscout Germany has 400 taycans second hand. If i order a new one today I can drive it in 6 months.

I do understand that the US is a totally different case.

Randylip

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan
Country flag
Yes, tried everything listed on this forum. Nothing works. Happened before even registering the Porsche app too. Not sure how the heck they didn't catch this issue before shipping these cars out, pathetic.
What about removing the specific fuse for this area.
Sponsored