High Gloss Black Inlays for Dolomite Silver CT 4 / 4S?

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Wow. This is a great find. I certainly prefer that over gloss. This could have just saved me $600. Although what you posted says "Side Window Trim In Black" and the configurator option says "Window Trim in High Gloss Black". Is the Side Window Trim and Window Trim the same thing?
Yes, it’s the same. I’m calling the dealership tomorrow to confirm, but I can’t imagine they would be two different items.
Sponsored

pfritzsche

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT (whenever it gets here ?)
Country flag
I originally assumed this too, but I found it odd that I could choose silver or high gloss black as window trim options. It made me think what is the standard if those are options. If you scroll down in the configurator to “standard equipment” you’ll see what I mean.

D26C05CD-A496-40C9-BC4E-D905B807A7E9.jpeg
I think it depends on your trim level. When I look at standard equipment for the 4S, it says window trim in high gloss silver.

Porsche Taycan High Gloss Black Inlays for Dolomite Silver CT 4 / 4S? D56F804B-8C66-4964-B95B-64CEF10DB010

OP
OP

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
Yes, it’s the same. I’m calling the dealership tomorrow to confirm, but I can’t imagine they would be two different items.
I just checked today and saw it says standard equipment window trim is silver for CT 4, 4S and turbo. The Turbo S shows high gloss black. None showed black like it does for you.

The dealer confirmed what I saw.

This is the US configurator.

Which country is yours? And if it’s not because of that something in your config is triggering the standard to be black (as opposed to silver or high gloss black).

Weird.

OP
OP

nafzal80

First Name
Nauman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S, Audi Q7
Country flag
I just checked today and saw it says standard equipment window trim is silver for CT 4, 4S and turbo. The Turbo S shows high gloss black. None showed black like it does for you.

The dealer confirmed what I saw.

This is the US configurator.

Which country is yours? And if it’s not because of that something in your config is triggering the standard to be black (as opposed to silver or high gloss black).

Weird.
Ah never mind, it’s black in the 4.

4S and turbo is silver.

Silver in a higher trim makes no sense. Going backwards!

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Ah never mind, it’s black in the 4.

4S and turbo is silver.

Silver in a higher trim makes no sense. Going backwards!
I’m in the US. The configurator is definitely wonky at times, especially when I select and deselect the model designation on the rear. But it’s been consistent on the window trim. It has to be just the difference between 4 and 4S like you said. So strange that they consider silver a premium feature over black. But, hey everyone has their preferences.

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
If you get the standard black or dark grey wheel arch trims can you paint them the same colour as the bodywork?
Sponsored