bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
So my Taycan just developed a high pitch sound when driving around 50mph. It is coming from outside and seems to be some kind of aerodynamic sound. Any thoughts on what might be causing it. Hopefully, you can hear it because when I play the video on my computer it does not pick up the sound but I can hear it on my iPhone and iPad.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Sounds like wind noise. Are all your windows shut completely?

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
I hear it too. Had to plug my earphones in to isolate your video but I could clearly hear it. I agree with Whitex - it sounds like a window may be open just a bit.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is it possible to fold the mirrors while driving, see if the noise disappears or changes? Folding the mirror will change how the wind blows around the front door.

OP
OP
bah1590

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Yes, they are completely shut. In fact when I open the window I can still hear the sound outside. I put my hand near the side mirror and it helps quiet the sound. Seems to be the wind flowing over the mirror.

gronkjaer

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
So my Taycan just developed a high pitch sound when driving around 50mph. It is coming from outside and seems to be some kind of aerodynamic sound. Any thoughts on what might be causing it. Hopefully, you can hear it because when I play the video on my computer it does not pick up the sound but I can hear it on my iPhone and iPad.

Sounds exactly like mine... dealer says they can't hear nothing..
any fix yet ?

gronkjaer

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
but I think it is brake pad rubbing ???

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To add to this thread, now that I finally got my Taycan, I hear a very high pitched noise aroudn 50mph as well.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/faint-high-pitch-noise.14965/

Haven't tried the insulation foam suggested in that thread yet. It is a very high pitched noise which sounds more like electronics, but does not change whether I am accelerating or recuperating, so maybe it is the frunk after all? noise disappears when <45mph and >55mph.

OP
OP
bah1590

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
To add to this thread, now that I finally got my Taycan, I hear a very high pitched noise aroudn 50mph as well.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/faint-high-pitch-noise.14965/

Haven't tried the insulation foam suggested in that thread yet. It is a very high pitched noise which sounds more like electronics, but does not change whether I am accelerating or recuperating, so maybe it is the frunk after all? noise disappears when <45mph and >55mph.
Sorry, I never updated this. It turns out my problem was the hood itself. They had to adjust it and the noise went away.

Reactions: Dee

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I also wonder if it is related to the down shift that happens at 50mph? As you accelerate to just under 50mph, you will have the "loudest" and most "high pitch" sounds coming from the electric motor. Once you crest 50mph it will downshift and the pitch lowers.
Sponsored