hmmm - my lovely Taycan is limited to 220 miles range - [Edit] I think it's the tires…

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
100% SOC starting percentage - 96% battery usage to drive 200’ish miles - vs. 78% battery usage to drive exact same route several months ago…

70C97B7E-D995-473F-9A67-C1230ABFDEC2.jpeg
What was the average consumption on that specific trip? - this Way i guess you could calculate usage and battery capacity?

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What if you choose the ”since charging” tab, and then find the trip by going back to the specific date? What does it read then?
even more non-sensical data…the consumption metrics are all f’d up.

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the standard battery in my 2021 4S and consistently get 265 to 275 miles on a single charge.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
I noticed my range decreasing about two/three weeks ago and thought it was me and the short trips I have just taken but then last week it would not charge over 85% and yesterday it bricked me with the dreaded red screen. It was flat bedded over to the dealer and they said they will follow up in a few days...

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
12V appears good - 13.4V nominal voltage…with limited charging "bursts"

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Dave,
Have you checked the health of the 12 volt? I had one fail in my GT3 after 12 months, that could cause a possible drain from the mains.
I don't think even a completely dead 12v battery can drain so much.
An average 12v car batter can provide about 600 Wh (watts per hour), so lets assume the 12v is totally dead, and the main batter provides all that power instead. That would be 2.4KW in 4hours (assuming you drive 200 miles in 4 hours).
2.4KW is <3% SOC loss, which is way less than what is reported here.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It can effect range using your calc's as we don't know how long Dave is letting the car sit between charges. Just a thought on my part, but something is draining the power and a couple of bad cells won't do it on their own.
It is not necessarily drain. It can also be either battery degradation, or the software not being able to see all the available electrical power left in the battery. The fact that his consumption numbers are totally wrong, is fishy, I am not sure if these are somehow used internally by the car to manage range and to calculate SOC.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
my app trip / consumption numbers also do not match and make no sense as well. I also get a weird conversion ratio differential from 50-100% (about double the miles) vs. when it gets down below 50%.
Clearly in my view, there needs to be better communication and EDC between the car and the app, then it can actually run some algorithms with a larger CPU and put the data back into the car via OTA....however, I am speculating that this is not happening. At least in my case, I am suspect of the app's actual even being accurate!
Chalk this up to another one that must have 'looked good' with UAT and then in reality it ends up being useless.
Really hoping that their investment in Rimac will start to pay off relatively shortly.......There needs to be some major updates coming soon......I hope.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
3 track sessions at less than 50 min total track time in 18 months should not be the cause of this - and beside I accomplished longer trips _AFTER_ the track sessions no problem - this is a recent “limitation” in the past 30-45 days.
Fast charging in summer heat could have cause degradation? Maybe a few cells gave up. Please report back what Porsche says.

my conservation numbers are making no sense… 0.7 mi/kwh = less than 80 miles range…but I drove 216 miles - so not sure what’s going on.

D6A5FFAC-8D38-4709-8893-97401B36FBB0.jpeg
Maybe a bug. Please switch over to kWh/100mi. Much more accurate and easier to compare for everybody else here.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Have you tried charging to 100% do a trip and then see how much kw it used

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I’ve only seen a small drop from 260mi@85% to 243mi@85% on 2021 4S w/ 4K miles. I assumed due to ambient temps dropping.

Reactions: B61

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is there a way to check the kWh capacity of the battery at full capacity?
A dealer can measure the net energy capacity of the battery. They will do this to determine the battery status for warranty purposes. You can't do this yourself.

You can get an estimate of the amount of energy you are putting into the battery using a home energy monitor. It needs to be done on the 240v circuit the EV is on and needs to report energy in kWh. This number will always be bigger than the useable battery capacity.
Sponsored