hmmm - my lovely Taycan is limited to 220 miles range - [Edit] I think it's the tires…

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
@daveo4EV has there been a big difference in temperature now?

I have a similar issue and only get about 330 km on a full charge now. But a few factors have played into this is my theory?

1. The average temperature has dropped from about 25 Celsius to 12 to 14 Celsius.
2. Driving for several hours at speeds around 120 km an above , avaerage about 105 km per hour
3. Long drives in rain
4. The road surface in Sweden is much, much rougher than in France or Germany. Tyre noise is really noticed now.

Hopefully a combination of the changes above are the reason, if not, there could be problems with the battery.
Sponsored

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
According to profile he’s from Santa Cruz, California. From this side of the pond, California always looked pretty warm on Baywatch!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
According to profile he’s from Santa Cruz, California. From this side of the pond, California always looked pretty warm on Baywatch!
True about California.

Have you seen any deterioration of your range lately. Switzerland is also Not flat and can have similar weather.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
True about California.

Have you seen any deterioration of your range lately. Switzerland is also Not flat and can have similar weather.
Nope, in fact the opposite. Commented at end of page 1. It hasn’t got cold here yet though

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
even more non-sensical data…the consumption metrics are all f’d up.
Which suggests it’s a calculation problem and not the battery itself. Perhaps corrupt data. Your dealer’s battery diagnostic may very well come back fine. You might have to suggest a reset.

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Which suggests it’s a calculation problem and not the battery itself. Perhaps corrupt data. Your dealer’s battery diagnostic may very well come back fine. You might have to suggest a reset.
but even if the data is corrupt, then would one imagine that actual driving would in terms of distance be the same? - unless ofcourse the range is affected in a way, so battery actual does hold charge, but the guess-o-meter says zero..

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
I have the standard battery in my 2021 4S and consistently get 265 to 275 miles on a single charge.

Similar. 2021 RWD standard battery 3,400 miles 27.7 KWh / 100 miles Still pretty warm here so I don't know how much this will drop when it cools off.
Porsche Taycan hmmm - my lovely Taycan is limited to 220 miles range - [Edit] I think it's the tires… 20210929_072731

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
temps are between 60F and 90F - no abnormal temps- my 8 years eV expereince is I never really see any decline in range until temps get below 50F - I’m dubious of any weather explanations…

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
@Dave EV - did the dealer do any of the software updates (e.g., power loss campaign) around the time you started to notice the decrease in range? I've had my 4S since April 2020. Even though it was an early build, my VIN was not subject to the update. My current range is still about 245 miles at 85% SOC. My battery has not degraded even with the lengthy storage for 2 weeks at a time for the past 18 months at 85% (Porsche recommends 50% SOC for storage).

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
I started thinking about it @Dave EV and I recall when I first got my car it showed 185 for 85%. As the car learned it went up but that 185 is awfully specific. Coincidence maybe. But maybe it’s something with the software that reset back to original mileage estimate???

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Mine has always ready as 230 miles at 100% charge. But my driving is purely in the city. I have the bigger battery too
P+ battery in my RWD and range slowly increased during the first ~1000 or so of driving. Makes sense since the computer calculates range based on driving habits/history and the short jaunts at the factory and during shipping don't supply real-world scenarios. I see 260-275 at 80% SOC. Have not gone to 100% SOC yet.

I'm driving a 4S loaner now with the standard battery and it has creeped up a bit recently from 175-180 at 80% to 185-189 at 80%. (I've had the car a couple months)

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Battery has to degrade at least 20% in first 3 years to be covered under warranty. See screenshot from US warranty handbook.

Also excess demand and ovestrainng the battery in motorsport events (track days) is a reason for the warranty claim to be denied. I am not sure if Porsche has logs of overused/ overheated batteries.

Porsche Taycan hmmm - my lovely Taycan is limited to 220 miles range - [Edit] I think it's the tires… 20210929_090545

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Battery has to degrade at least 20% in first 3 years to be covered under warranty. See screenshot from US warranty handbook.

Also excess demand and ovestrainng the battery in motorsport events (track days) is a reason for the warranty claim to be denied. I am not sure if Porsche has logs of overused/ overheated batteries.
Thanks, that was a definition I have been looking for!

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
even more non-sensical data…the consumption metrics are all f’d up.
That may be good news, no? It could mean that your unusually short range projections (or SoC% indications) are the result of some software gremlins in the battery’s capacity measurement or display, rather than hardware problems with the battery itself. Or is that too naively optimistic?

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hardware problems with the battery sound like it would be just a warranty fix. Actual reduced battery capacity would be problematic. Given all the software gremlins with the car could be that too.

Dealer diagnostics is the path forward.
Sponsored