Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I have plenty of time (!) to get this sorted out, but are there any recommendations for home charger installers in the Surrey/southwest London area?
Thanks
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Andersen
I have plenty of time (!) to get this sorted out, but are there any recommendations for home charger installers in the Surrey/southwest London area?
Thanks
Andersens - top job.

Can also supply their own EVSE but happy to do the electrics only as needed.

I used them for the electrics - dedicated fused 32A supply and receptacle - for my Porsche Mobile Charger Connect.

Recommended by Porsche UK.

OP
OP

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I thought they were just a supplier of the charge points, but they also carry out full install aswell?

OP
OP

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Brilliant, thank you. As my Ltd Co will be paying for it, the additional cost will be lost and they do look great - especially as it may well be placed on the front of the house!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Brilliant, thank you. As my Ltd Co will be paying for it, the additional cost will be lost and they do look great - especially as it may well be placed on the front of the house!
The EVSE (charger) is optional given you get one with the car - do you have other plans for it?

OP
OP

Rob********

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
Do you mean a home charge point, such as Anderson, is optional as the car comes with a charger? If so, I'm of the view to get a specific charge point on the wall of the house as a) I understand this is better than a supply needing an outside plug, and b) my wife may well get an EV too and can use the same box.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Do you mean a home charge point, such as Anderson, is optional as the car comes with a charger? If so, I'm of the view to get a specific charge point on the wall of the house as a) I understand this is better than a supply needing an outside plug, and b) my wife may well get an EV too and can use the same box.
Regardless of what you do the supply from your fuse box will be presented (terminated) with an appropriate receptacle (socket) tailored to the environment (external / internal) to which your EVSE is then connected - e.g. Andersens, Porsche, others.

Most if not all EVSEs are agnostic to the car being charged. The charging session is controlled (timers etc) by the car and not the EVSE. Note that the EVSE is not a charger as this is physically in the car. The EVSE manages the electrical supply safely.

So you can use the EVSE to charge any EV and the connection plug to the car is always the same.

One consideration is the physical location and if weather protection is required.

Whilst both Porsche EVSEs are IP55 rated then they can be located outside but personally I would keep them under cover (my neighbour doesn't and hasn't had any issues).

The Andersen A2 unit is a thing of beauty however and is fully weather proof requiring nothing in addition.

Savings to be made if you simply use what you get for free with the car. I got lucky and was given Porsche's PMCC instead of PMC+ due to supply issues at the time and so even less reason to source an alternative.

V10tdi

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS 991.2,discovery sport, defender 90 300tdi
Country flag
Got a Zappi from Myenergi the installler did a fantastic job and I can run it from my PV

Porsche Taycan Home Charge Point Installers A62BE597-41AF-4F38-A044-D32C426DE9D7

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I thought they were just a supplier of the charge points, but they also carry out full install aswell?
They charge £629 for install only.

You can can decent unit with installation from around £950. The only advantage to my mind would be the neatness of a tethered unit.

I'm about to look at install costs myself

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
The main reason for the Andersen is that it is so much better aesthetically. The cable is hidden away when not in use. I haven‘t seen an alternative that comes close. But it does cost more. This is mine.
Porsche Taycan Home Charge Point Installers 28F4AAD9-639F-4EC2-8167-2F2BB81EB267

eddieterry

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911Turbo, Taycan CT Turbo 2023.
Country flag
I got an EO Mini Pro 2 just because it is so very small and also combines with my Solar Panels. Supplied and fitted by www.homecarcharging.org.uk who were excellent. No sign of my ordered CT Turbo yet though 😡

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I got an EO Mini Pro 2 just because it is so very small and also combines with my Solar Panels. Supplied and fitted by www.homecarcharging.org.uk who were excellent. No sign of my ordered CT Turbo yet though 😡
I went for a Sync EV as it is the smallest one I could find.

Porsche Taycan Home Charge Point Installers 20220310_090259
Sponsored