First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo - Tesla model X
Country flag
Hey guys,
I’m taking delivery of my Taycan next week and in preparation wanted to know how you guys installed the Porsche mobile charge connect. I have an existing Tesla charger which is wired up 3phase 32 amp (22kw). I am going to replace the charger with the Porsche one. The question, Is the Porsche charger connected via a 3 phase plug? Or is it hard wired? Does anyone have photos of it?
Thanks in advance guys.
Sponsored

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Hey guys,
I’m taking delivery of my Taycan next week and in preparation wanted to know how you guys installed the Porsche mobile charge connect. I have an existing Tesla charger which is wired up 3phase 32 amp (22kw). I am going to replace the charger with the Porsche one. The question, Is the Porsche charger connected via a 3 phase plug? Or is it hard wired? Does anyone have photos of it?
Thanks in advance guys.
I'm in the US where we don't have residential three phase, but this thread may help:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/3-phase-source-cable-for-porsche-mobile-charger.3195/

Spida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo Cherry Red
Country flag
I'm in the US where we don't have residential three phase, but this thread may help:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/3-phase-source-cable-for-porsche-mobile-charger.3195/
Jason,

you'll get this 3 phase plug with your charger by default in Aus.

Pretty easy, the docking station bolts to the wall around your existing 3 phase plug, and when you dock the charger it's all hidden away.

PMCC is DIN rail mounted and likely will go in your meter box, if you want it to know your power usage etc, it will need to have the included clamps attached to your mains and solar feeds.

Have Jetcharge been out to see you yet?

OP
OP
Championi

Championi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Spida.
Jason,

you'll get this 3 phase plug with your charger by default in Aus.

Pretty easy, the docking station bolts to the wall around your existing 3 phase plug, and when you dock the charger it's all hidden away.

PMCC is DIN rail mounted and likely will go in your meter box, if you want it to know your power usage etc, it will need to have the included clamps attached to your mains and solar feeds.

Have Jetcharge been out to see you yet?
Thanks Spida.
I am gonna have my own Electrican install the charger as they are already doing a bit of work around the house. The three phase socket makes this makes very easy. I already have a Tesla charger installed there, so I’ll be replacing it with the Porsche one. Are you charging at 22kw? What charging rates are you getting?

I’m not installing the PMCC as my Tesla power wall already gives me this information.
I’m not installing the PMCC as my Tesla power wall already gives me this information.

Looking forward to taking delivery next week after a long 10 month wait. How is your Taycan treating you?

Spida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo Cherry Red
Country flag
Thanks Spida.

Thanks Spida.
I am gonna have my own Electrican install the charger as they are already doing a bit of work around the house. The three phase socket makes this makes very easy. I already have a Tesla charger installed there, so I’ll be replacing it with the Porsche one. Are you charging at 22kw? What charging rates are you getting?

Looking forward to taking delivery next week after a long 10 month wait. How is your Taycan treating you?
I'm months behind you still mate, end of September delivery.

I would check out the PMCC, your Powerwall may tell you the information but it won't tell your car. If you install the PMCC, then you can create charging profiles to only charge with spare solar power, or when your house isn't using much power etc. Seems that would be more functions than you'd get with your current setup??

Good luck with your delivery, hope all is smooth. Which dealer did you buy from?

OP
OP
Championi

Championi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm months behind you still mate, end of September delivery.

I would check out the PMCC, your Powerwall may tell you the information but it won't tell your car. If you install the PMCC, then you can create charging profiles to only charge with spare solar power, or when your house isn't using much power etc. Seems that would be more functions than you'd get with your current setup??

Good luck with your delivery, hope all is smooth. Which dealer did you buy from?
Will check that out re: PMCC I’ll have chat to my electrician about it.
I purchased from Willoughby. You?

Spida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo Cherry Red
Country flag
Will check that out re: PMCC I’ll have chat to my electrician about it.
I purchased from Willoughby. You?
also Willoughby.

PMCC will be a simple job providing you have some space in your meter box.

OP
OP
Championi

Championi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
also Willoughby.

PMCC will be a simple job providing you have some space in your meter box.
The room in the meter box may be challenge. I don’t have much room in there.

Spida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo Cherry Red
Country flag
Neither.

can you Put another box next to it?

OP
OP
Championi

Championi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Neither.

can you Put another box next to it?
Possibly. I’ll be speaking to my electrician about it. As my charger comes off a sub board.
On another note, a 3 phase socket is quite big, wonder how that all goes together. I’m sure it does, but they are big sockets.

Spida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo Cherry Red
Country flag
There are a few videos kicking around that show how the Dick goes together. It’s pretty big also so as to conceal the plug and socket

OP
OP
Championi

Championi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There are a few videos kicking around that show how the Dick goes together. It’s pretty big also so as to conceal the plug and socket
Charger finally installed, runs at 21kw.
Didn’t install the HEM for now. May consider doing this at a later stage.
Sponsored