Home charging in the UK

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I'm confused.

If I read correct I could get a 32amp socket installed and use the Porsche charge at 3-7 kw depending on what to believe at the moment.

If I get a dedicated charger, can I do that before the car arrives and claim the grant, or do I need a car before the grant.

Not sure whether to choose:

BP chargemaster
Zappi
Anderson

Any suggestions welcome
Sponsored

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
I'm confused.

If I read correct I could get a 32amp socket installed and use the Porsche charge at 3-7 kw depending on what to believe at the moment.

If I get a dedicated charger, can I do that before the car arrives and claim the grant, or do I need a car before the grant.

Not sure whether to choose:

BP chargemaster
Zappi
Anderson

Any suggestions welcome
Regarding the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect the most charge rate you will get from a standard single phase 3 pin plug is 2.3KW or 3.6KW using a 32 Amp Industrial socket.

So it does make sense to get a dedicated 7KW wallbox. My understanding is that this can be ordered with the grant if you have proof of car purchase and vin number if car is on the way.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
sent you a priv message. Give me a call and I’ll explain. Real easy in the uk.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Thanks that would be great! I don’t see a pv message yet but I am sure it will come through sometime

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Gents, Porsche Mobile Charger connect in the UK, connected to a 32Amp Breaker Will Charge your Taycan at 7.4KW. If you connect it to a 3 pin plug then 3.2KW.
You will want this cable in your car for emergencies. So just get a home charger fitted. Zappy, is what I’m going for now. Costs about £1000 installed, you get £500 off the invoice that you pay £500 for, then you claim the est grant at £300 so true cost is £200. You must apply for the EST before install.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you connect the PMCC to three phase then you get 11KW off 2 phases.

OP
OP

DavidE- Bath

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf GTD mk 7, Ferrari 599 GTB, Ferrari 360 Spider, Ferrari 328 GTS, Bentley Continental Flying Spur, Land Rover Defender 110, Tygan/Chesil Speedster
Country flag
Gents, Porsche Mobile Charger connect in the UK, connected to a 32Amp Breaker Will Charge your Taycan at 7.4KW. If you connect it to a 3 pin plug then 3.2KW.
You will want this cable in your car for emergencies. So just get a home charger fitted. Zappy, is what I’m going for now. Costs about £1000 installed, you get £500 off the invoice that you pay £500 for, then you claim the est grant at £300 so true cost is £200. You must apply for the EST before install.
Unfortunately for those of us outside Scotland, I think the EST grant is only available in Scotland?

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Confused.............

Porsche Taycan Home charging in the UK Screenshot_20200204-214522

Porsche Taycan Home charging in the UK Screenshot_20200204-214527

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Confused.............

Screenshot_20200204-214522.jpg

Screenshot_20200204-214527.jpg
I’m confused as well. I’m sure I’ve seen info saying on single phase with commando 32Amp you get 7kw. I’ve no idea how you would only get 3.6kw. That doesn’t make sense to me.
32Amp should give you 7.2 kw into the car. Weird.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I’m confused as well. I’m sure I’ve seen info saying on single phase with commando 32Amp you get 7kw. I’ve no idea how you would only get 3.6kw. That doesn’t make sense to me.
32Amp should give you 7.2 kw into the car. Weird.
The reason is the charger is designed for two - three phase operation. Using a single phase (UK), you will only get 3.6k as it only uses a third of the inputs. I suspect later in the year a different Porsche charger will deliver the 7.2kW, but don’t expect a replacement. . . .

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The reason is the charger is designed for two - three phase operation. Using a single phase (UK), you will only get 3.6k as it only uses a third of the inputs. I suspect later in the year a different Porsche charger will deliver the 7.2kW, but don’t expect a replacement. . . .
So how come I have a 7.2 kw charger in my home now using single phase?

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
So how come I have a 7.2 kw charger in my home now using single phase?
I’ve ordered a Zappi charger, rather than use the Andersen charger Porsche are pushing. Will get the 7.2kW from single phase. If you look back through this post, I showed details of a different charger from Porsche expected later in the year. It shows 9.6kW possible from a single phase.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So I am in the USA but curious about the single phase 40A option. I am hoping to use that and wondering why that was not mentioned above?
Porsche Taycan Home charging in the UK Screenshot_20200204-213745
Sponsored