Home link help

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan GTS
Country flag
Can anyone advise on settings up the home link to my Garidor (GaraMatic) garage door?
The car accepts the signal from the fob, but I have not idea how to program the Garador unit. I’ve programmed key fobs before with no issue, but can’t find info online to get the unit to talk to the car. Any help would be appreciated

Porsche Taycan Home link help IMG_0026
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Does your opener use a rolling code? If so there should be a program button on the unit attached to your ceiling. I’ll see if I can find the instructions with the proper button presses. Be aware that LED lights in garage door opener drive units can interfere with the signal from your car.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
This video should help…

OP
OP
martin smirthwaite
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan GTS
Country flag
Hi
thanks for the reply. There is no program button on the front panel!
Only this , see photo

Porsche Taycan Home link help IMG_0025

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Unfortunately, I can't provide much help because my garage door is a shared one in a large apartment complex.

But when I was programming my home link – I carefully followed all the instructions from the PCM – in my car parking space – and it never worked.

Then, one day, randomly – I tried programming it again – in front of the gate – and it worked instantly. What I had failed to appreciate is that Homelink was listening for some signal back from the gate – and not just listening to the fob – while programming.

I mention this just in case you aren't in front of your gate while attempting programming – as there is no mention in the instructions – and they give the impression its just the remote you need to use.

In my case, I don't believe our apartment complex is using a rolling code – and there is defo no access to the gate mechanism/programming button.

OP
OP
martin smirthwaite
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan GTS
Country flag
Yes the button changes the numbers on the digital display
I can do this to program a new hand set that open and closes the garage door.
unfortunately I cannot find the method of setting this digital display to connect it to the car.
Sponsored