bushmg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 2017 911 Endurance Racing Edition,
Country flag
I also have a ticket for a Homelink issue. In my case, I have two openers assigned to the joker button: the gate and the garage door. The door is a rolling code and functions reliably. However, the gate is a simple RF trigger, and has issues if two trigger commands are given within a set time period. For example, I am leaving, and I press to open the gate. If I press again as I am leaving, the gate starts to close, then stops. The only explanation I can think of is that it is getting two "close" signals from the Taycan. If I wait about 45 seconds to close the gate, it works. My little visor remote works just fine, so that's what I keep in the car and use.
Sponsored

chuckster

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 21 4s , Cayenne, Cayenne Diesel, MB 350
Country flag
Hi all,

My 2021 Taycan 4S build is locked, and production is starting in a couple of days (can’t wait :)) however, I just realized that I didn’t tick the box for Homelink, and I would like to have that feature with my garage door..

does anyone know if it is possible to retrofit, maybe as a software update through FoD or any other way?

thanks all :cool:
I believe that Homelink is standard equipment. Look under Comfort and Assistance Systems

chuckster

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 21 4s , Cayenne, Cayenne Diesel, MB 350
Country flag
Sorry John, should have know they make as many OPTIONS as possible. Good luck. My car on order for Feb delivery.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also have a ticket for a Homelink issue. In my case, I have two openers assigned to the joker button: the gate and the garage door. The door is a rolling code and functions reliably. However, the gate is a simple RF trigger, and has issues if two trigger commands are given within a set time period. For example, I am leaving, and I press to open the gate. If I press again as I am leaving, the gate starts to close, then stops. The only explanation I can think of is that it is getting two "close" signals from the Taycan. If I wait about 45 seconds to close the gate, it works. My little visor remote works just fine, so that's what I keep in the car and use.
I have a similar problem with my gate, though the gate Auto closes after 30 seconds and nothing in the area my problem is that when I go to open it it will often open one to two feet and then stop because the signal keeps getting transmitted. I've tried different gestures of holding the button instead of tapping it but have not found a technique yet that will cause it to simply send a quick signal and stop. If you find out a solution Michael, I am all ears.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
For example, I am leaving, and I press to open the gate. If I press again as I am leaving, the gate starts to close, then stops...If I wait about 45 seconds to close the gate, it works.
I have a similar problem with my gate, though the gate Auto closes after 30 seconds and nothing in the area my problem is that when I go to open it it will often open one to two feet and then stop because the signal keeps getting transmitted.
In my experience, you have to re-program the button and vary the way you press the button to program it with the remote. It's not how you're touching the button in the Porsche, it's how you pressed the button on the original remote to train the Porsche.

bushmg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In my experience, you have to re-program the button and vary the way you press the button to program it with the remote. It's not how you're touching the button in the Porsche, it's how you pressed the button on the original remote to train the Porsche.
I had the Porsche guy sit with me to program (train) the gate remote. When prompted, all you do is press and hold the remote button near the PCM for a few seconds until the PCM shows OK and goes to the next step. This is not a rolling code system, so no attitional steps are required.

bushmg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a similar problem with my gate, though the gate Auto closes after 30 seconds and nothing in the area my problem is that when I go to open it it will often open one to two feet and then stop because the signal keeps getting transmitted. I've tried different gestures of holding the button instead of tapping it but have not found a technique yet that will cause it to simply send a quick signal and stop. If you find out a solution Michael, I am all ears.
I now have PROOF that the Taycan HomeLink is malfunctioning by sending TWO RF pulses instead of one. The two pulses are sent within one second, and if you have a gate that responds quickly, it will "see" the second pulse and stop.

I attached a recording oscilloscope to the output of the RF receiver in the gate opener. When this normally high output goes to ground, the gate is activated. I then got in the Taycan and pressed the gate "button." The time base is set at 2 seconds per division and the trigger is on the negative edge. You can clearly see that two distinct pulses are being sent!

I have forwarded this to Porsche, but I'm not expecting any response. If it does, I'll post an update.

Porsche Taycan Home link - possible to retro Fit? 20210202_142332s

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
I now have PROOF that the Taycan HomeLink is malfunctioning by sending TWO RF pulses instead of one. The two pulses are sent within one second, and if you have a gate that responds quickly, it will "see" the second pulse and stop.

I attached a recording oscilloscope to the output of the RF receiver in the gate opener. When this normally high output goes to ground, the gate is activated. I then got in the Taycan and pressed the gate "button." The time base is set at 2 seconds per division and the trigger is on the negative edge. You can clearly see that two distinct pulses are being sent!

I have forwarded this to Porsche, but I'm not expecting any response. If it does, I'll post an update.

20210202_142332s.jpg
Somewhere in Germany there is a crack engineering team creating a committee to review this data, assigning a tiger team, creating a gantt chart of deliverables, building a budget, getting corporate approval, then aligning a software release to address this issue- should be about 24-36 months before this is addressed ;)

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@bushmg I had endless problems with repeated codes but I also had the repeating animation on the screen when this happened. I have found the workaround that has worked for me 100% of the time. When pressing on the screen keep your finger there for one second not significantly longer and no shorter. Once I used this technique I never get the repeated signal or gate stopping problems that I had been experiencing.

bushmg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@bushmg I had endless problems with repeated codes but I also had the repeating animation on the screen when this happened. I have found the workaround that has worked for me 100% of the time. When pressing on the screen keep your finger there for one second not significantly longer and no shorter. Once I used this technique I never get the repeated signal or gate stopping problems that I had been experiencing.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I was hoping that it would make a difference, but unfortunately it did not. My gate still gets and 'sees' the two pulses and won't close.
Sponsored