bxwatso

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT
Country flag
This sounds crazy, but any help is appreciated.
I had the same garage door system (lift master) for several years, and it worked exactly right the whole time. Nothing has changed since it got the Taycan.
Immediately after programming my new Taycan's HomeLink, which works, the garage door now sometimes (several times per week) opens by itself. I wake up to find the door has opened without my having done anything. This is obviously bad.
Can anyone offer a theory of why this may be happening? I plan on fully resetting the system (reprogram every opener, a big PITA).
Sponsored

_Brian_

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster GTS 4.0, Audi S5 & Taycan 4s (sold)
Country flag
This sounds crazy, but any help is appreciated.
I had the same garage door system (lift master) for several years, and it worked exactly right the whole time. Nothing has changed since it got the Taycan.
Immediately after programming my new Taycan's HomeLink, which works, the garage door now sometimes (several times per week) opens by itself. I wake up to find the door has opened without my having done anything. This is obviously bad.
Can anyone offer a theory of why this may be happening? I plan on fully resetting the system (reprogram every opener, a big PITA).
Had a similar issue last year when I needed to reprogram my Audi S5 to a new garage door. Door would randomly open. I assumed that there was interference when I was programing it for the new door and repeated the procedure the next day (when no cars were driving by an no neighbors opening garage doors. Haven't had a random event since. Maybe not your issue but worth a try.

OP
OP

bxwatso

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT
Country flag
Had a similar issue last year when I needed to reprogram my Audi S5 to a new garage door. Door would randomly open. I assumed that there was interference when I was programing it for the new door and repeated the procedure the next day (when no cars were driving by an no neighbors opening garage doors. Haven't had a random event since. Maybe not your issue but worth a try.
So, to be clear, you only reprogramed your car's HomeLink, and that fixed it?

_Brian_

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster GTS 4.0, Audi S5 & Taycan 4s (sold)
Country flag
Yes, I repeated the complete process of programming the Taycan's Garage Door function to the Lift Master Door opener, including resetting the opener by pressing the "Yellow" button. I followed the instruction in the Taycan Manual. Good luck.

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Reset your opener / remotes. Sounds like your neighbor is opening your door with their remote.

OP
OP

bxwatso

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT
Country flag
Reset your opener / remotes. Sounds like your neighbor is opening your door with their remote.
Yes. I imagine that a neighbor was pressing his clicker at the same time I was programming the Taycan. An unlikely coincidence, but possible.
I fully reset the opener, deleting all remotes and keypads. I then reestablished each device, including the Taycan. So far, the problem is solved.

Skwidwarf

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none yet
Country flag
That does sound like a strange situation. While I'm not an expert, it's possible that there could be some interference or compatibility issue between your Taycan's HomeLink and the garage door system. It could also be worth contacting the folks at https://fixgaragedoors.ca/services/emergency-garage-doors-repair/ for their expertise. They might have encountered similar cases and can guide to troubleshoot the issue. Hopefully, you'll find a solution soon and restore your garage door. Good luck!
Sponsored

Last edited: