Homelink Profile - I don’t get it…

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
Totally agree on all point. I just programmed it to the button on the right of the binnacle and use that. It's closer and more consistent
It also does not require the "long press".
Sponsored

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I will never use auto open again. There was one time where my Model X computer has to be rebooted, and the second I put the car in drive, it triggered the signal and started closing the garage door on me. Not expecting this, I immediately reversed but not enough, and the door clipped my hood. The door sensors were below my front bumper.

I’m never going to risk the auto open or close again. I would rather push a button.
understood, but for as much money as we spend for these vehicles, we should at least be given the choice . . .

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
The geolink works consistently for me also. The one thing that annoys me is that the homelink buttons show on the PCM as I back out of my garage. The reverse camera layer pops up as I go into reverse and covers the buttons. I have to "x" out of the reverse camera view in order to see the buttons to close my garage door.
Sadly, the uPdate did not fix this problem.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FWIW- those of you with newer Liftmaster or Chamberlain garage door openers... you can save yourself a lot of heartache and just us the MyQ functionality to open/close garage doors using Siri. I just have to say "hey Siri, open my right garage door" and it opens. No button pressing, menu fumbling, whatnot. Unfortunately it doesn't work for our driveway gate, so I still need to use Homelink for that, but if all you want to do is open/close a garage door this may be the easiest and least frustrating path for you.
@JohnK. Thanks for this tip. I haven’t bothered with MyQ too much since the pandemic began because I wasn’t driving much. In fact, my sensors had become unlinked and it said my garage doors had not been opened for 655 days lol. In any event, it’s all working now, but how do you get it to work with Siri? Documentation for MyQ is nearly worthless. I appreciate your (or anyone’s) help.

Deleted member 7736

If you've already set up the MyQ app on your iPhone and linked your garage door and it shows up in the MyQ app, then I think all you need to do from there is open the Apple HomeKit app and "find" the garage door and integrate it into HomeKit. To be honest, it's been a while since I did it, and my recollection was that it wasn't intuitive (the whole process, not specifically this step) and I had to fumble around a bit to get it so I apologize for not being able to give you clear, step-by-step instructions on how to do it. However, once it's set up it works great.

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
If you've already set up the MyQ app on your iPhone and linked your garage door and it shows up in the MyQ app, then I think all you need to do from there is open the Apple HomeKit app and "find" the garage door and integrate it into HomeKit. To be honest, it's been a while since I did it, and my recollection was that it wasn't intuitive (the whole process, not specifically this step) and I had to fumble around a bit to get it so I apologize for not being able to give you clear, step-by-step instructions on how to do it. However, once it's set up it works great.
Not all myq openers have homekit integration. However if your myq opener does not have homekit built in you can get a Myq Home Bridge (about $100) to add that functionality.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not all myq openers have homekit integration. However if your myq opener does not have homekit built in you can get a Myq Home Bridge (about $100) to add that functionality.
This actually may be my issues. I was an early adopter so mine is quite old

Deleted member 7736

Yes, that's correct. Sorry, I mentioned this earlier in post 29 but things get lost in thread strings. If your garage door opener has MyQ but not HomeKit inegration you need to add the MyQ HomeBridge. Also note that if you have an older garage door opener that doesn't have MyQ, you may be able to retrofit both MyQ and HomeKit integration.

https://support.chamberlaingroup.co...-my-garage-door-opener-1484145693687#CGI_1998
Sponsored