OP
OP

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
No. At every startup the car is in NORMAL mode.
Lame. I guess I'll just bind my instrument cluster diamond button to the sport sound and just hit it every time I drive. So far that's the only deviation I use from the normal driving mode so its not even worth me switching to the Individual drive mode which would be a few PCM button presses (no drive mode selector on steering wheel).
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Lame. I guess I'll just bind my instrument cluster diamond button to the sport sound and just hit it every time I drive. So far that's the only deviation I use from the normal driving mode so its not even worth me switching to the Individual drive mode which would be a few PCM button presses (no drive mode selector on steering wheel).
I use the cluster diamond for homelink. Since I have chrono it's easy to flick the knob to individual. I do like the option to have suspension in low (individual) and as such always drive in that mode for daily commute.

OP
OP

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I use the cluster diamond for homelink. Since I have chrono it's easy to flick the knob to individual. I do like the option to have suspension in low (individual) and as such always drive in that mode for daily commute.
Curious, what do you use your steering wheel diamond for? That's what I have homelink bound to currently. It feels nicer to just pull up to the garage and just reach your thumb over to press the button rather than have to take your arm off the wheel and reach out and aim for the button on the cluster.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Curious, what do you use your steering wheel diamond for? That's what I have homelink bound to currently. It feels nicer to just pull up to the garage and just reach your thumb over to press the button rather than have to take your arm off the wheel and reach out and aim for the button on the cluster.
Next track (audio) My right arm is not in use to operate steering wheel unless aggressive and/or track driving.

OP
OP

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
@Pozuelo your suggestion worked like a charm, thanks! I also found that Homelink's official website suggests the same if your car is having transmission range issues: https://homelink.com/faqs

Since I only have 1 garage I need to program, I just press the diamond (don't need to long press) and it just works, as expected. The PCM suggests the diamond function will bring up the Homelink display but I guess if you only have a single one programmed, it just chooses that automatically, which is nice.
Nevermind, I just went out for a drive and Homelink failed on my return home again :(

I'll continue to investigate...
Sponsored