Parlorman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
So, I know I get free 30 minute charging at EA sites and Porsche dealerships, but that means driving to those sites and there’s only one EA within g 10 miles of my home. My condo building has Charge Point charges with a deep discount for resident that gets it down to the regular grid rate. I keep my CT in a city owned garage close by my building that has about 25 Charge Point chargers. The cost for pass holders? FREE!!!! My monthly pass is $45 so free charging make it a very good deal Indeed. Yahoo!!!
Sponsored

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Sounds great - hope you can milk it for a looooong time! And may you always find an open spot in the city-owned garage.

My solar panels generate 7.6 kW with an inverter, so I currently charge my 2022 RWD for free in the middle of sunny days by setting the Porsche Mobile Charger Plus to 50% (4.8 kW theoretical, 4.4 kW actual). It's slow, but it'll do.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
If you would pay for the parking anyway then that is a great deal - marginal cost is $0.

I charge at home with a time of use plan and it costs me ~$0.05/kWh. It’s practically free. I also have 10kW of solar but I use that for my household loads. The TOU plan for EVs is better, especially overnight.

OP
OP
Parlorman

Parlorman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Sounds great - hope you can milk it for a looooong time! And may you always find an open spot in the city-owned garage.

My solar panels generate 7.6 kW with an inverter, so I currently charge my 2022 RWD for free in the middle of sunny days by setting the Porsche Mobile Charger Plus to 50% (4.8 kW theoretical, 4.4 kW actual). It's slow, but it'll do.
I’ve never seen more than five or six of the chargers in use at any one time.
Sponsored