How can I enable the Porsche Charging Services?

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Hi Forum,
I’ve just watched a nice Porsche Navigation video that shows how to enable the Porsche Charging Services so the battery is pre-conditioned ready for charging. Unfortunately the enable menu mentioned doesn’t show when I go to the Navigation settings! I’ve checked My Porsche and I’ve still got an active Porsche Charging account status. Just thought I would try the forum, before taking the long arduous journey to the dealership. . . .

Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi Forum,
I’ve just watched a nice Porsche Navigation video that shows how to enable the Porsche Charging Services so the battery is pre-conditioned ready for charging. Unfortunately the enable menu mentioned doesn’t show when I go to the Navigation settings! I’ve checked My Porsche and I’ve still got an active Porsche Charging account status. Just thought I would try the forum, before taking the long arduous journey to the dealership. . . .

What options do you have listed when you go to Nav and tap the options "..." - first one listed should be Porsche Charging Planner?

If not visible and you have an active Porsche Charging Service with Porsche Connect try logging out on the PCM, reset and start over.

OP
OP
Gwaihir

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
What options do you have listed when you go to Nav and tap the options "..." - first one listed should be Porsche Charging Planner?

If not visible and you have an active Porsche Charging Service with Porsche Connect try logging out on the PCM, reset and start over.
For some reason my menu’s are a bit different. I do have the option for Charge Planner, it’s just a level lower. Me being silly I think and not checking all options! Was trying to follow the video a little too close. . . .

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
For some reason my menu’s are a bit different. I do have the option for Charge Planner, it’s just a level lower. Me being silly I think and not checking all options! Was trying to follow the video a little too close. . . .
Enable all of these options and you won't have to worry in future. It should be on by default of course

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
When I pressed the 3 dots on the bottom right of the nav screen, I don't see the Charging Plan option. The first option in the sample screen below is the Route overview. From what I can tell, for that menu option to appear, I need an Active Porsche Connect Service. Isn't that the service that everyone has to have to track TYD, or get a PIN for your PCM? So, I should have that. Second is an active charging service, which I know I have since I've been charging at EA stations all the time. Is the charging plan an optional feature?
Porsche Taycan How can I enable the Porsche Charging Services? 1650310223659

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yes, I was asking if the Porsche Connect Service the one that lets you TYD.

I have activated my PCS and it's good through 2023. Am I missing anything else for the charge planner to not show?
Porsche Taycan How can I enable the Porsche Charging Services? 1650313746228

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes, I was asking if the Porsche Connect Service the one that lets you TYD.

I have activated my PCS and it's good through 2023. Am I missing anything else for the charge planner to not show?
1650313746228.png
No it is not related to Track Your Dream' (TYD). TYD is only available in North America and is part of the order acceptance process.

I don't think you are missing anything but suggest to call your dealer to check your Porsche Connect ID and related services if anything is wrong there.

Sometimes menu options disappear and then magically reappear after a day or so.

To me this looks like an admin glitch.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
No it is not related to Track Your Dream' (TYD). TYD is only available in North America and is part of the order acceptance process.

I don't think you are missing anything but suggest to call your dealer to check your Porsche Connect ID and related services if anything is wrong there.

My SA initially told me the charge planner wasn't showing up because it's part of the Range Manager option, which I did not purchase. But, after digging around, that is not the case as although the range manager is an option, the charge planner is standard on all Taycans. He's going to get with the "expert" at the dealer tomorrow when that guy returns...lets see.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My SA initially told me the charge planner wasn't showing up because it's part of the Range Manager option, which I did not purchase. But, after digging around, that is not the case as although the range manager is an option, the charge planner is standard on all Taycans. He's going to get with the "expert" at the dealer tomorrow when that guy returns...lets see.
Ok that's interesting - you are missing a trick without the Range Manager - PIRM (I assume). STD for UK cars.

Perhaps there is a dependency here.
Sponsored