How can I get a CT4 in SF Bay Area?

Taycan_SF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Finally decided that I'd get a Mamba green CT4. This would be my first Porsche, so not familiar with the process. Do I just start calling all nearby dealers and see what discounts and if any allocation is available? Any advice would be welcomed!

Thanks
Richard
Sponsored

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You can always email dealers around CA to find allocation, and see what they say.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
either you visit a dealer to place an order for the car you want or have the dealer search the national data base to see if the car you want exists in the system. if it is available, say in Phoenix, either the dealer can either swap for the car or actually buy the car and have it transported out there.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
either you visit a dealer to place an order for the car you want or have the dealer search the national data base to see if the car you want exists in the system. if it is available, say in Phoenix, either the dealer can either swap for the car or actually buy the car and have it transported out there.
There's no reason to visit a dealer to place an order until you figure out what their allocation looks like.

Also, to the OP, if you do find a dealer, you should be able to get a printout of the dates with V-codes to see when the car would be expected. If the dealer can't give you that info, then they don't have allocation, and they are just trying to get you to place a deposit for future allocation (which guarantees nothing)

OP
OP
Taycan_SF

Taycan_SF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Hi everyone. Thanks for all the advices. I found an allocation and ordered the car. It’s being locked in couple of weeks so now the agony of configuration begins.

I know I want Mamba green exterior but not sure what color interior goes well with that. Black with Neodymium or black/beige with Neodyum?

thanks!

CT4Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Hi everyone. Thanks for all the advices. I found an allocation and ordered the car. It’s being locked in couple of weeks so now the agony of configuration begins.

I know I want Mamba green exterior but not sure what color interior goes well with that. Black with Neodymium or black/beige with Neodyum?

thanks!
i went with red lol

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Mamba is the best color, please post pics when you get this baby...

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Which dealer did you end up with the allocation? I placed order with Marin Porsche in Mar, and still no allocation date or lock-in. Want to shop around if allocations are available from other local dealers. Didn't get anywhere in Mar with most of the Bay Area dealers.

-ThinkMac-

OP
OP
Taycan_SF

Taycan_SF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
I went to Stevenscreek and they had to trade with another dealer to get my allocation. As Miwa suggested above, I asked for Vcode up front and they got it for me in a week. You should definitely look around. There was another dealer in the Bay Area that also said they had allocation.

Which dealer did you end up with the allocation? I placed order with Marin Porsche in Mar, and still no allocation date or lock-in. Want to shop around if allocations are available from other local dealers. Didn't get anywhere in Mar with most of the Bay Area dealers.

-ThinkMac-