MikeNV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
I was able to secure an allocation for delivery in May of a CT4. Super excited as this will be my very first Porsche. I have been reading many of the forum articles lately and have taken this into consideration for my build. Here is the code to check it out and tell me what you think.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNU16ZA9
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Nice config. I have chosen the same options on my CT4 but in Dolomite silver and black anterior. I didn’t take race tec and did take 22 kw charger. All other options are the same. Mine will be delivered in March.

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
I was able to secure an allocation for delivery in May of a CT4. Super excited as this will be my very first Porsche. I have been reading many of the forum articles lately and have taken this into consideration for my build. Here is the code to check it out and tell me what you think.

Nice build.
i would only chance the rims. I have 20 Inch cross tourismo rims. Typicly ct wheels. But just me.

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
Nice config. I have chosen the same options on my CT4 but in Dolomite silver and black anterior. I didn’t take race tec and did take 22 kw charger. All other options are the same. Mine will be delivered in March.
2 months left ?

desertdweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag

Neptune Blue. That would have been a top choice if I had not gone Mamba Green. Beautiful.

It gets a little pricey but I personally love the deviated stitching on my car (also Mamba). I think Speed Blue + Chalk Seats and Neptune Blue would look amazing. I am assuming Speed Blue and Neptune close enough it would not clash. Its just one of those things I constantly appreciate every time I get in the car. Subtle but worth it.

I would also highly recommend PDCC. I have RWS + PDCC + PTV and the car is so planted on turns its great. It also helps with ride comfort when driving straight and to me, for what I want the highway ride to feel like, the car is a little harsh - so I wonder if without PDCC if it would be even more so (I come from also having 718 Spyder, which is harsher but does not at all bother me because it is a different car for a different purpose).

I had the PDCC on a launch edition 2013 991 4S then subsequently on 991.2 without. Thought it was not a big deal to not have but it was noticeable.

I see you did roof in race tex? I did as well and that is another option although pricey makes a big difference. I did not d the B pillars in race tex. Don't miss it yet (maybe I will when I see pics).

If you want to stay near current MSRP, I personally, would drop the 4 zone climate, maybe the B pillar race tex and add PDCC. Otherwise I would just add PDCC (and PTV).

Anyway, can't go wrong. Congratulations!

OP
OP

MikeNV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Neptune Blue. That would have been a top choice if I had not gone Mamba Green. Beautiful.

It gets a little pricey but I personally love the deviated stitching on my car (also Mamba). I think Speed Blue + Chalk Seats and Neptune Blue would look amazing. I am assuming Speed Blue and Neptune close enough it would not clash. Its just one of those things I constantly appreciate every time I get in the car. Subtle but worth it.

I would also highly recommend PDCC. I have RWS + PDCC + PTV and the car is so planted on turns its great. It also helps with ride comfort when driving straight and to me, for what I want the highway ride to feel like, the car is a little harsh - so I wonder if without PDCC if it would be even more so (I come from also having 718 Spyder, which is harsher but does not at all bother me because it is a different car for a different purpose).

I had the PDCC on a launch edition 2013 991 4S then subsequently on 991.2 without. Thought it was not a big deal to not have but it was noticeable.

I see you did roof in race tex? I did as well and that is another option although pricey makes a big difference. I did not d the B pillars in race tex. Don't miss it yet (maybe I will when I see pics).

If you want to stay near current MSRP, I personally, would drop the 4 zone climate, maybe the B pillar race tex and add PDCC. Otherwise I would just add PDCC (and PTV).

Anyway, can't go wrong. Congratulations!
Saw a neptune blue ct4 at my dealer and was immediately sold on it. It looks amazing.

While I would like to go with the PDCC and PTV it is a little pricy for something I’m not sure I will notice without being able to try beforehand. Unfortunately PDCC can’t be optioned without PTV and that is getting a little out of my budget. If the dealer didn’t slap me with a 3k markup I probably would have gone with it.

I’m really interested to see how the B-pillar race Tex turns out as I haven’t seen many in the forum with that option.

Appreciate the kind words!

Mike

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag

It’s a nice build for sure. Looks great and will ride nicely too. The % of options as compared to the base price of the car is very high. The depreciation penalty will be steeper than typical. As long as that is well understood, I think you are in good shape here. My original CT4S build was very similarly spec’d.…

OP
OP

MikeNV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
It’s a nice build for sure. Looks great and will ride nicely too. The % of options as compared to the base price of the car is very high. The depreciation penalty will be steeper than typical. As long as that is well understood, I think you are in good shape here. My original CT4S build was very similarly spec’d.…
Understood. Splurged a little bit on the options as it’s my first Porsche.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Understood. Splurged a little bit on the options as it’s my first Porsche.
I will be getting my 3rd Porsche in a few months. When coming from other brands, the tendency is to go for a “fully loaded” vehicle as you would with others like BMW or MB. Porsche is different in that regard. Best to tailor the car to your specific mission for the vehicle as well as your tastes. Most of us end up with unique builds which express our styles, needs and priorities. Don’t feel you have to tick all of the boxes to get an awesome ride. Those “in the know” recognize that a measure of constraint makes for some of the best builds. You are definitely on the right track though. Good luck!

Last edited:

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Love the build overall. My only word of caution is on those wheels. I really didn’t like them up close in person. Other folks love them. I recommend going to see them to make sure you’re good with them. I personally chose the 21” CT wheels in gloss black but that’s adds a good bit to the overall cost.

OP
OP

MikeNV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Love the build overall. My only word of caution is on those wheels. I really didn’t like them up close in person. Other folks love them. I recommend going to see them to make sure you’re good with them. I personally chose the 21” CT wheels in gloss black but that’s adds a good bit to the overall cost.
Appreciate the feedback!
I was actually able to see a Neptune blue ct4 with the same wheels at the dealer and I think they look pretty good overall. Those 21” CT design wheels look amazing but I wanted to stick with a 20” rim for a little better range and less potential for damage from potholes.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I am will be getting my 3rd Porsche in a few months. When coming from other brands, the tendency is to go for a “fully loaded” vehicle as you would with others like BMW or MB. Porsche is different in that regard. Best to tailor the car to your specific mission for the vehicle as well as your tastes. Most of us end up with unique builds which express our styles, needs and priorities. Don’t feel you have to tick all of the boxes to get an awesome ride. Those “in the know” recognize that a measure of constraint makes for some of the best builds. You are definitely on the right track though. Good luck!
I would like to re-iterate what RAHRCR said above. I have custom ordered a few Porsche's, including my CT4S, and it's pretty easy to go overboard with options. Porsche is a master of setting up these cars "a la carte", and you can easily add $10k in options by ticking $500 boxes. It's easy to get sucked into the "it's only another $500" mindset.

These cars, like almost all Porsches, are brilliant in base, no option form, so you don't have to go crazy to have a great car. Also, almost no matter which options you are thinking about, you will find people on this forum that will tell you it's absolutely required, so you really need to decide for yourself what's import and what's not. Do you really need the crest on the headrests? The sport sound, the racetex headliner, the rear zone a/c, etc.? (not sure if you picked all those, just examples).

EDIT - For example, check out this build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGAW6E4

It still has your Neptune blue ($3,150) , Black/Chalk interior ($4,700), Premium package ($6,090), Sport Chron ($1,320), RAS ($1,620), 20" Taycan Turbo S Wheels ($2,380), ACC ($2,050) plus some other stuff, but is overall $10,000 cheaper than your original build.

Just my $0.02.

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
When was your may allocation assigned? Still waiting to hear about my CT4 allocation - thanks and btw, your build looks great!

OP
OP

MikeNV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
When was your may allocation assigned? Still waiting to hear about my CT4 allocation - thanks and btw, your build looks great!
We ordered on the 15th of January and the dealer was actually surprised they had an allocation at all. Not sure when it was assigned exactly. Thank you for the kind words on the build!

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
We ordered on the 15th of January and the dealer was actually surprised they had an allocation at all. Not sure when it was assigned exactly. Thank you for the kind words on the build!
That's awesome, congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures...
Sponsored