How did my Taycan spontaneously increase its SOC from 10% to 14% ???

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I arrived at home at 8pm this evening after an eventful day (including a new grandchild born) and with reduced SOC at 10% and 37km on the guess-o-meter. When I returned to the car three hours later to plug it in from my PMCC, I was surprised to see 14% and 52km on the guess-o-meter. It defies my understanding, as this has never happened before. One percent yes, more no. I don’t know whether battery-balancing happens also at low SOC and not only at near full, or whether after shutdown (without locking in this case), the system re-evaluated the actual battery remaining.

Any thoughts or similar experiences ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When I arrived home, ambient temperature was 32°C and when I plugged in it was 28°C. I had driven a short while to get home at a leisurely pace, so battery was definitely not very hot, although I did not focus on it like I did on SOC and kms. left …

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
When I arrived home, ambient temperature was 32°C and when I plugged in it was 28°C. I had driven a short while to get home at a leisurely pace, so battery was definitely not very hot, although I did not focus on it like I did on SOC and kms. left …
I also experienced small gains between parking and charging, but not that much. My basement car parking is also a bit cooler...

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I arrived at home at 8pm this evening after an eventful day (including a new grandchild born) and with reduced SOC at 10% and 37km on the guess-o-meter. When I returned to the car three hours later to plug it in from my PMCC, I was surprised to see 14% and 52km on the guess-o-meter. It defies my understanding, as this has never happened before. One percent yes, more no. I don’t know whether battery-balancing happens also at low SOC and not only at near full, or whether after shutdown (without locking in this case), the system re-evaluated the actual battery remaining.

Congratulations with the new grandchild!

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks !

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Did you arrive home in sport plus mode and switched on again a few hours later with the car in normal mode ?

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nope, was in normal mode with city, highway and local road use as I live in the suburbs. Basically the same as 90% of my daily usage, except for the fact that day I used the car much more than average, maybe 200km.
Sponsored