How have you paid/financed your Taycan?

• Total voters

Gentleman Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ride-on Honda Mower
Country flag
Personally I wasn't really sure on which way to go, one minute I was going to finance then buy outright, back and forth...
In the end I decided to buy outright, Corporation tax at 19% (UK) is more than the depreciation (predicted) or at least close to it.
In fact looking at used prices the depreciation is looking to be lower than 19%.
If Corporation tax increases as feared then this way proves even more beneficial.

It would be interesting to see what the split is from the different purchasing options.

Please do vote.
Sponsored

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
Personally I wasn't really sure on which way to go, one minute I was going to finance then buy outright, back and forth...
In the end I decided to buy outright, Corporation tax at 19% (UK) is more than the depreciation (predicted) or at least close to it.
In fact looking at used prices the depreciation is looking to be lower than 19%.
If Corporation tax increases as feared then this way proves even more beneficial.

It would be interesting to see what the split is from the different purchasing options.

Please do vote.
I would like to know what is being traded in to pay for the Taycan. That may be more interesting.:D I take it trade-in would also include one of the other options.

OP
OP
Gentleman Blue

Gentleman Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ride-on Honda Mower
Country flag
I would like to know what is being traded in to pay for the Taycan. That may be more interesting.:D I take it trade-in would also include one of the other options.
Could include another option, or could be a Ferrari Enzo?? who knows!!

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Wow. Surprised by the vote so far. I thought only about 5-10% of new cars were bought for cash in the uk.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Financed through Porsche. I keep a local bank or two in my back pocket if the interest rate through Porsche is bad, but so far they've been able to match or beat them.

I'd also note I usually trade in a vehicle. For my 4S, I traded in a Boxster, and for my upcoming CT4, I'm trading in my 4S. In Texas you get to deduct the difference for Tax purposes, so my 4S being higher value than the CT4 should mean I will pay nothing in Tax on this purchase.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am shocked so many people paid with cash!

How did you feel comfortable bringing that much cash to the dealer?

How long did it take the dealer to count it out? How did they make sure it wasn't counterfeit bills?

Did the bank have any issues with taking out so much cash at once or did you take it out at like $9k a day over a period of time.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
LTD company cash purchase due to 100% first year Capital allowance on EV’s.

BTN1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S & 2020 911 Turbo S
Country flag
cash but not cash...wire, check, etc...

No one has said Bitcoin yet thought there would be at least one...

How long did it take the dealer to count it out? How did they make sure it wasn't counterfeit bills?

Did the bank have any issues with taking out so much cash at once or did you take it out at like $9k a day over a period of time.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
anyone here did a single payment lease ? Are 2022 lease factors out yet ?

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag

Please do vote.
you should be aware that financing schemes are vastly different in the UK than it is in the US or EU

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I love my Taycan, every second of it. BUT I will never buy one. Too much risk of depreciation as technology evolves quickly. Although I personally feel that in terms of performance there isn’t much left to improve. Maybe the focus should be on range.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Initially, my wife just wanted to pay cash as she hates car payments. I prevailed upon her and suggested that paying cash made no sense when interest rates were so low. Leaving the $100K that we were going to finance in our IRA made the payments substantially less than zero as our money there is vastly out-earning the nominal interest rates we would be paying.

So, with that in mind, I was planning to finance through Porsche Financial at 2.9%, but thanks to some of the fine people on this forum, I explored credit union financing, which was indeed cheaper at 2.3%. After Porsche Financial wouldn’t budge on their rates and the dealer figured out they would lose out on their financing commission, they suddenly got motivated. They secured me financing through Chase at 1.9%.

Last edited:

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

I don't think they meant real cash--they paid by cheque.