How did your friends react to the car ... ?

Kaxtos

First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 23
Country flag
  • Dont feel guilty about your purchase if you purchased wisely. (Meaning you can afford it)
  • Who cares if your friends dont like electric, its your car only you need to like it.
  • Real friends will tell you they love it even if they dont, just because they know how much you like it.
  • If anyone says otherwise they jealous they cant offord.
  • Am actually getting delivery to my Taycan tomorrow.. volcano grey with the 21" mission-e all black.
  • I havent mentioned anything to anyone, only my family knows, as i didnt want talks.
  • Its funny you guys know before all my friends..lol
  • And always remember , its just a car, humility is your friend, you just purchased someones dream car that they may never be able to afford.
  • And dont talk about the car too much at begging, as it may come out as bragging.
My buddies and family were all very happy!!!!!
Not driving it to work yet...

Some last night pictures from the dealership when picking up

Porsche Taycan How did your friends react to the car ... ? viber_image_2022-12-07_10-26-54-130

Porsche Taycan How did your friends react to the car ... ? viber_image_2022-12-07_10-26-54-076

Porsche Taycan How did your friends react to the car ... ? viber_image_2022-12-07_10-26-54-182

Andy0565

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IPace
Country flag
I started with nothing, worked hard for 30 years and can now afford to buy the car I want.

I have long-standing friends who drive ‘normal’ cars and more recent friends who can also afford to buy the car they want. I also have friends who have every car they want! Their problem is garage space, not money!

I find that in all these groups, there are ‘car nuts’ who know exactly what you’re driving and others who haven’t a clue.

My most interesting friend spends more on watches than I do on cars, is always test-driving the latest release in search for a replacement for his 2012 Audi A7 and drives a Honda S2000 convertible in the summer because ‘it doesn’t have any modern gizmos to ruin the drive’ (he used to race carts)

I tell all my friends about my new car - once! If they ask questions, I’ll answer them but the conversation tends towards general topics like the practicality of charging and range or the buying experience i.e. delivery delays or the Porsche Driving Experience (which my wife joined me on and turned out to be more enthused by the whole thing than I was!)

I do have a couple of friends who have recently bought nice cars. One always used to go on about how tax-effective his Skodas were as company cars (I’m deadly serious) but since he sold his business has bought an Audi e-tron GT. Another who’s business is doing well has also bought the e-tron GT after years of driving around in nice cars that he bought with low mileage but 5 years old (a great way to enjoy a nice ride with low cost-of-ownership btw, at least before the second hand car shortage). Anyway, both these friends seem embarrassed to talk about their new rides despite my enthusiastic questioning and I think it’s simply because they are still coming to terms with how much they have spent. (Or maybe it’s because they’re Audi’s!)

But, it’s all relative. If you have Bugatti sat next to a Ferrari, sat next to a Lamborghini in the garage you’re not going to be bothered by someone’s every day electric Porsche (and Taycans are becoming common now) and likewise, if you have a £250,000 watch on your wrist.

OP
OP
Leverage

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Well folks, here is a little update on the current situation. I've got the car for 3weeks now and I've only had compliments on the car. I didn't post any pictures on social medias obviously etc, played it low profile but the few friends who saw the car were all very happy for me and couldn't believe how beautiful the car was. Even my parents (very conservative) were pleased with it. Funny thing but my dad even didn't notice it was a Porsche. I believe in his mind, a Porsche is more a small 2seated sport cars that makes too much noise :CWL:. He looked at the car and read loudly T-A-Y-C-A-N, well Ive never heard that name before. Beautiful car! LOL!

My mother at first thought it was a ferrari.... Yes, I know... !! I didn't say anything. Later she told my brothers it was probably a lamborghini. You don't make this stuff up haha. I told her later on it was "only" a Porsche. I think she was relieved lol.

Anyways, quite happy with the overall reactions so far!
Sponsored