How do I lock my 4S without enabling Interior Monitor Alarm?

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I leave my car in a parking lot and lock it, I'm having a situation where it's automatically turning on "Interior Monitor Alarm" under Locking features in settings. This is an issue because if this is on, my car will randomly set off the alarm (talked about this in another thread and is related to the overall phantom alarm threads".

I'm wondering what I need to do on the FOB to lock my car, without setting the alarm when I need to go into a store or something. I don't want to deal with my car alarm randomly going off while I'm trying to pick up groceries.

Also, does anyone know what the setting below "Interior Monitor Alarm" that says "Check if Interior Monitor alarm should be on when leaving vehicle" is for when right above it you enable/disable Interior Monitor alarm? I can't find an explanation online or in the manual that I've dug through.

Thanks and sorry if this is a duplicate post. I'm really struggling with this problem since taking delivery over the weekend.
Sponsored

Y1BDB1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, CT4S
Country flag
If you press the lock button on your key twice within a couple seconds you should see the red light inside the car blink a few times and then go out for 20 seconds or so. It will then start blinking normally. This means the interior sensor is off. I haven’t had my alarm go off since I started doing that.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
In the PCM, Vehicle, Locking (going from memory but you can find it), you can turn off Interior monitoring (which mysteriously turns itself back on when it wants), but further down it has the choice to "Ask" if you want it on each time.

The trick is you have to power off the car and DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR and wait for the question to appear on the PCM, uncheck the interior alarm box and then press the "X" in the corner. Then you can open the door. If you open the door before, you do not have time to react with the message.

Of course most of us turn off the car and open the door.

The double lock key fob press works well though. You get two quick light flashes and one long to confirm and that is what I have been doing.

I have noticed, it happens more on my driveway incline than when the car is flat, but it does go off when on flat surface too.

OP
OP
iamfrozt

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Regarding turning it off in the PCM, I have been doing this since Saturday when my tech at the dealership explained it was the cause for my alarm going off on its own in my garage with no cause constantly :).

The problem I'm struggling with is that it keeps re-enabling itself either due to locking/unlocking with the app (confirmed this causes it and I'm basically not touching the app now), or as I discovered today due to locking with my key fob. I wanted to check with everyone that's more knowledgeable on the fob thing because I figured I was probably doing something wrong with the fob and causing it to come back (removing the phantom alarm work around that I've been told to use).

It sounds like I may need to double lock quickly and see how that goes tomorrow.

The way I can tell that interior alarm has re-enabled itself in the settings is that on my key fob the little Porsche Crest has a flashing red outline.

I'll try the double click on the fob tomorrow. I figured I was maybe doing something wrong with the fob and was causing it to re-enable in the PCM.

Thank you to everyone for the feedback. I hope the double click works out. I really wish a final fix would come from porsche because the alarm going off on it's own in a mixture of annoying, mortifying, or panic inducing depending on what time of day (or the middle of the night) it happens.

Reactions: B61

Nick V

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I just picked up my 4S this weekend and began having alarm issues as well. I notified a correlation with having the app open on my phone. I now turn off the interior monitor every time I turn off the car, double click the lock button on the fob and have not opened the app. Haven’t had any alarm issues, but it is annoying to feel like I can’t use the Porsche connect app out of fear my alarm will go off

OP
OP
iamfrozt

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just picked up my 4S this weekend and began having alarm issues as well. I notified a correlation with having the app open on my phone. I now turn off the interior monitor every time I turn off the car, double click the lock button on the fob and have not opened the app. Haven’t had any alarm issues, but it is annoying to feel like I can’t use the Porsche connect app out of fear my alarm will go off
I completely understand and can relate. I do know that Porsche na is aware and from what my SA said they’ve passed instances of it onto them in order to aid in isolating the bug. I just want to figure out a definitive work around because this unfortunately isn’t a bug that can be easily overlooked or ignored given how disruptive it can be :)

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
iamfrozt

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine happens inside my perfectly flat garage, with nobody around :)

It's also very loud because it's basically right under my bedroom. It's absolutely glorious when it happens in the middle of the night :CWL:

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Regarding turning it off in the PCM, I have been doing this since Saturday when my tech at the dealership explained it was the cause for my alarm going off on its own in my garage with no cause constantly :).

The problem I'm struggling with is that it keeps re-enabling itself either due to locking/unlocking with the app (confirmed this causes it and I'm basically not touching the app now), or as I discovered today due to locking with my key fob. I wanted to check with everyone that's more knowledgeable on the fob thing because I figured I was probably doing something wrong with the fob and causing it to come back (removing the phantom alarm work around that I've been told to use).

It sounds like I may need to double lock quickly and see how that goes tomorrow.

The way I can tell that interior alarm has re-enabled itself in the settings is that on my key fob the little Porsche Crest has a flashing red outline.

I'll try the double click on the fob tomorrow. I figured I was maybe doing something wrong with the fob and was causing it to re-enable in the PCM.

Thank you to everyone for the feedback. I hope the double click works out. I really wish a final fix would come from porsche because the alarm going off on it's own in a mixture of annoying, mortifying, or panic inducing depending on what time of day (or the middle of the night) it happens.
I had an issue with the double click at first, but watch the headlights. They will flash 2x and then the 3rd time they stay on for maybe 2 seconds (in the Good to Know they call it a long flash). That is how you know it disabled.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have no issue using the Connect app after locking the car with the double lock on the Fob. I have not noticed any correlation with the app and the interior monitoring being activated and setting off the alarm.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
The trick is you have to power off the car and DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR and wait for the question to appear on the PCM, uncheck the interior alarm box and then press the "X" in the corner. Then you can open the door. If you open the door before, you do not have time to react with the message.

Of course most of us turn off the car and open the door.
thanks for this tip

OP
OP
iamfrozt

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
thanks for this tip
Definitely. Thanks to that recommendation, I understand what the "Check if Interior Monitor alarm should be on when leaving vehicle " setting in the PCM is for now. I was leaving too soon after holding down the power button and didn't see it prompting me, which may have been why it was magically turning itself back on each time even though I had turned it off in the PCM.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Definitely. Thanks to that recommendation, I understand what the "Check if Interior Monitor alarm should be on when leaving vehicle " setting in the PCM is for now. I was leaving too soon after holding down the power button and didn't see it prompting me, which may have been why it was magically turning itself back on each time even though I had turned it off in the PCM.
Same here. It was like habit. Press off car and open door. Now I watch it power down lol

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Same here. It was like habit. Press off car and open door. Now I watch it power down lol
I always press park button only, open door, lock with key fob while walking away or lock with button on truck lid. Never had a car alarm. Maybe faulty sensor?

OP
OP
iamfrozt

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I always press park button only, open door, lock with key fob while walking away or lock with button on truck lid. Never had a car alarm. Maybe faulty sensor?
Definitely not a faulty sensor. There’s a bug in the interior monitor alarm. Trying to find the perfect way to work around it until the full fix has been the tough part.
Sponsored