How do I lock my 4S without enabling Interior Monitor Alarm?

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I always press park button only, open door, lock with key fob while walking away or lock with button on truck lid. Never had a car alarm. Maybe faulty sensor?
Dealer will look at when it goes in for one of the missing parts. I think mine is related to the incline sensor. A few have issues with the interior monitor.
Sponsored

Giovannie

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster S, Panamera 4S, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got the same problem with my Taycan 4S, which was delivered last Wednesday. Car in the garage and interior alarm going off (repeatedly, irrelevant how I closed the car).

Reported the problem to my Porsche dealer today and they confirmed that it is a known problem to them and to the Porsche Factory. And they advised the workaround as posted in this thread by PDACPA (turn off the interior alarm).

They will come back to me as soon as a solution is available. I hope it will be soon.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got the same problem with my Taycan 4S, which was delivered last Wednesday. Car in the garage and interior alarm going off (repeatedly, irrelevant how I closed the car).

Reported the problem to my Porsche dealer today and they confirmed that it is a known problem to them and to the Porsche Factory. And they advised the workaround as posted in this thread by PDACPA (turn off the interior alarm).

They will come back to me as soon as a solution is available. I hope it will be soon.
I have also been using the double click on the key fob (defeats having comfort access lol) and watching for the two fast light flash and the longer 3rd flash. Works perfect too.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
In the PCM, Vehicle, Locking (going from memory but you can find it), you can turn off Interior monitoring (which mysteriously turns itself back on when it wants), but further down it has the choice to "Ask" if you want it on each time.

The trick is you have to power off the car and DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR and wait for the question to appear on the PCM, uncheck the interior alarm box and then press the "X" in the corner. Then you can open the door. If you open the door before, you do not have time to react with the message.

Of course most of us turn off the car and open the door.

The double lock key fob press works well though. You get two quick light flashes and one long to confirm and that is what I have been doing.

I have noticed, it happens more on my driveway incline than when the car is flat, but it does go off when on flat surface too.
Clarification question please:
“ The double lock key fob press works well though. You get two quick light flashes and one long to confirm and that is what I have been doing.”
Those light flashes you’re describing here to verify the interior alarm disable mode…are those on the interior alarm red alarm LED light, or the exterior lighting (parking lights etc)? Was curious if external lighting has any diff blinking scheme depending on lock alarm status. Thanks!

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Clarification question please:
“ The double lock key fob press works well though. You get two quick light flashes and one long to confirm and that is what I have been doing.”
Those light flashes you’re describing here to verify the interior alarm disable mode…are those on the interior alarm red alarm LED light, or the exterior lighting (parking lights etc)? Was curious if external lighting has any diff blinking scheme depending on lock alarm status. Thanks!
The light flash is the head light and amber side markers out side of the car. Get out of the car and press the lock once. I think it does 2 quick flashes. Unlock the car open the driver door and close it. Then do two fast clicks on the FOB of the lock button and watch the lights. You will see the last flash holds the light on for a little longer than a flash. That is how you know the interior monitor is disabled.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
The light flash is the head light and amber side markers out side of the car. Get out of the car and press the lock once. I think it does 2 quick flashes. Unlock the car open the driver door and close it. Then do two fast clicks on the FOB of the lock button and watch the lights. You will see the last flash holds the light on for a little longer than a flash. That is how you know the interior monitor is disabled.
Yes, ok. I wondered if that’s what you meant. I see it. Thank you very much.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Supposedly Porsche has issued a new part to replace the interior monitor sensor which will fix this issue. My car is going in next week to hopefully get it replaced.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Supposedly Porsche has issued a new part to replace the interior monitor sensor which will fix this issue. My car is going in next week to hopefully get it replaced.
Can you post the old and new part numbers in here after it gets replaced?

jimtoniq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Can confirm. I had the same issue and the motion sensor was replaced two weeks ago against a revised version. I have had no more false alarms since.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Can confirm. I had the same issue and the motion sensor was replaced two weeks ago against a revised version. I have had no more false alarms since.
Good news. So my CT4 that goes in to production should be Ok.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I took mine to the dealer for this issue and they said they're not authorized to replace any parts. They only offered the workaround as a resolution. They even provided a bulletin from Porsche which indicates that they're not authorized to replace parts for this issue and they should tell the customer the workaround.

I'm truly disgusted with this solution from Porsche. 3 years and they cold have just eliminated the feature knowing it doesn't work but instead they'll happily sell it to customers and laugh all the way to the bank. I'm really starting to sour on my purchase and I wish I would have gotten an EQS instead at this point.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I completely understand and can relate. I do know that Porsche na is aware and from what my SA said they’ve passed instances of it onto them in order to aid in isolating the bug. I just want to figure out a definitive work around because this unfortunately isn’t a bug that can be easily overlooked or ignored given how disruptive it can be :)
Porsche saying they're working on a workaround for this issue is just a front. They have been having this problem since the 2020 model year. See the attached bulletin from Porsche for proof. They're content to sell you a car that has non-functional features. Not only is the interior monitor not functional, but as a result you also cannot use the trunk's close and lock feature and you cannot lock the car from the mobile app either so there are several features effected.

Attachments

jimtoniq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
I took mine to the dealer for this issue and they said they're not authorized to replace any parts. They only offered the workaround as a resolution. They even provided a bulletin from Porsche which indicates that they're not authorized to replace parts for this issue and they should tell the customer the workaround.

I'm truly disgusted with this solution from Porsche. 3 years and they cold have just eliminated the feature knowing it doesn't work but instead they'll happily sell it to customers and laugh all the way to the bank. I'm really starting to sour on my purchase and I wish I would have gotten an EQS instead at this point.
As far as I know that is BS. The Bulletin is from November and was valid at that time since they had no clue what was causing the issue. Changing any parts then would not solve the issue as the faulty sensor might have been replaced against a new but still faulty one.

Based on my own case (I can only assume) the sensor must have been revised and the new one does not cause the error. I got the info about the fix from my dealership late December. I could imagine that they currently simply do not have enough sensors (yet) for all markets and are therefore not publishing the solution just yet. Just assumptions of course.

I hope you guys get yours fixed soon. Since the alarm issue is fixed I am a happy customer and absolutely love the car. Not had a single glitch since (fingers crossed it stays that way).

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I get a 'good bye' message on the PCM with a toggle to turn on/off the interior monitoring every time I leave the car.

ismelllikepoop

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 T
Country flag
I get a 'good bye' message on the PCM with a toggle to turn on/off the interior monitoring every time I leave the car.
We did the same, but sometimes it just decides to turn itself back on. No one drove the car for a few days, had the interior monitoring off. Don't use the app or anything and randomly went off after two days of quiet. How the hell has this been an issue for this long,l it's nuts.
Sponsored