How do I lock my 4S without enabling Interior Monitor Alarm?

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I get a 'good bye' message on the PCM with a toggle to turn on/off the interior monitoring every time I leave the car.
Half the time this option is checked, half the time it isn't. There doesn't seem to be any correlation to my previous choice.

Sometimes if I leave it checked, but don't lock the car, after the next drive it will be unchecked.
Sponsored

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
We did the same, but sometimes it just decides to turn itself back on. No one drove the car for a few days, had the interior monitoring off. Don't use the app or anything and randomly went off after two days of quiet. How the hell has this been an issue for this long,l it's nuts.
You're in California with a strong lemon law. You can force the issue and they have 30 days to rectify it. If enough people did this, I'd imagine this would be a high priority fix.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have this issue. When I got the car, it had a power button error warning light. They have me booked end of March to get this replaced. I enquired if they would be able to fix the interior alarm issue and they said there is no fix for it yet. Some of you seem to be saying it can be fixed with the replacement of the interior monitoring sensor. Should I be pushing my dealership on that?

Last edited:

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
...I enquirer if they would be able to fix the interior alarm issue and they said there is no fix for it yet. Some of you seem to be saying it can be fixed with the replacement of the interior monitoring sensor. Should I be pushing my dealership on that?
Yes, tell them to contact head office in Germany - the fix is being pushed out now. It's even reached Australia and we're usually the last to get updates...
Sponsored