How do you clean rear camera lens? It's dirty all the time!

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Great idea by a pref
Rainx the lens then press the washer function.
Terrific idea. I've been cleaning manually - as a previous poster said - just a quick swipe with a cloth or even finger. The rainx makes it very easy to keep clean - highly recommended.
Sponsored

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
I was looking for something round :). Front one !! Didn't know there was one.

The rear camera is located in the top centre of the rear bumper just above the number plate (black rectangular shape) - clear as day. Front one is even easier to spot.

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just gave it a good clean and still looks like this -
The rear camera is located in the top centre of the rear bumper just above the number plate (black rectangular shape) - clear as day. Front one is even easier to spot.
Porsche Taycan How do you clean rear camera lens? It's dirty all the time! rear camera

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag

rear camera.jpg
Is there any possibility that there’s some sort of protective film over the lens similar to new phones etc which hasn’t been removed during PDI?

Looks like one heck of a fingerprint has been left as well which seems strange unless there’s a film of some sort?

Worth checking?

Reactions: B61

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

rear camera.jpg
Yep that's shit!

Get it replaced under warranty as it looks like ingress.

Oh and the front one is normally at the front - centre. If you don't have surround then perhaps you only have a reversing camera which is really not ideal!

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Certainly is worth checking. I've had the car nearly 2 years though, worked fine until last week.

Is there any possibility that there’s some sort of protective film over the lens similar to new phones etc which hasn’t been removed during PDI?

Looks like one heck of a fingerprint has been left as well which seems strange unless there’s a film of some sort?

Worth checking?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Man I mean no offense really but posts like these make me question how people survived so far with their previous cars ?
it’s not the question of survival…it’s the question, how can they afford to use such low quality of the camera in a +100k car…
For instance, my Nissan Navara had superior camera(s), or Renault Koleos… but we have discussed that several times before, so there’s probably no sense to repeat that all over again?

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
it’s not the question of survival…it’s the question, how can they afford to use such low quality of the camera in a +100k car…
For instance, my Nissan Navara had superior camera(s), or Renault Koleos… but we have discussed that several times before, so there’s probably no sense to repeat that all over again?
Ok so what exactly has that to do with the original post here?
Sponsored