How do you clean rear camera lens? It's dirty all the time!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
It’s related with the quality of rear camera… i guess.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
is this a standard feature still? I don’t seem to see a button for cleaning the cameras.
Saloon - Park Assist on, select rear camera and touch the wash icon.

ST / CT - select reverse gear and wash rear window (will also activate rear camera washer).

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
So, who’s camera is foggy in the morning, I think mine is clean but leak and having condensation on the inside? It clears up during the day when warmer, but in the morning when dark it’s not useable.

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
I may not be correct and what I saw in my GTS might be coincidence but I recall recently cleaning my front windscreen with a long press (I was testing to see if my washer system was working as it should - it isn’t and is getting looked at soon) that when I got out I saw washer fluid dripping from under the front camera.

don’t know if anyone else gets that though. Tbh not tried it in our CT to see if it happens on that too

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I may not be correct and what I saw in my GTS might be coincidence but I recall recently cleaning my front windscreen with a long press (I was testing to see if my washer system was working as it should - it isn’t and is getting looked at soon) that when I got out I saw washer fluid dripping from under the front camera.

don’t know if anyone else gets that though. Tbh not tried it in our CT to see if it happens on that too
There is no front camera washer nor a need for it

It is probably the water from the windscreen when deluged finding its escape route to ground.

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
There is no front camera washer nor a need for it

It is probably the water from the windscreen when deluged finding its escape route to ground.
More than likely true as you’re right I’ve not seen a washer spout at the front!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

Maybe a pipe has come off in the wiper washer system if it isn't working and washer fluid is dripping out the front.

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Maybe a pipe has come off in the wiper washer system if it isn't working and washer fluid is dripping out the front.
It’s booked in so they can look at it. Not sure if I should given I know nothing about how to fix it

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
Mines been in 3 times for this the het doesn't clean it. They take the camera apart and it's ok for a while. I've given up on it as new car arriving soon They can deal with the new owner.

There is a "water jet" that cleans it. Put it in reverse and an icon should appear in the instrument cluster just above the reverse cam icon on your photo above.

Ah, noticed it's a CT. Then push and hold the stalk forward to engage the rear wiper and the camera cleaner thingie.
Sponsored