How do you disable trunk lid open/close tone?

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anyone know how to disable the open and close tone (loud beeping) when opening and closing the trunk lid?

What exactly is the point of this tone anyway? I think after a hundred years of opening and closing trunk lids, we know how it works and don't need an audible warning.
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Does anyone know how to disable the open and close tone (loud beeping) when opening and closing the trunk lid?

What exactly is the point of this tone anyway? I think after a hundred years of opening and closing trunk lids, we know how it works and don't need an audible warning.
This was a question many asked very early on. Apparently, the only way that it can be disabled is by finding the device that makes the sound and cutting/disconnecting the wire.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/silencing-the-trunk-beeper.1426/

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Don’t close with your foot gesture. Pressing the close / close lock (if you have comfort option) won’t cause the bong to bing (in UK at least).

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Well the beeping when it closes makes sense to me as often I sit in the car and open the trunk/boot for my daughter to put something in the back when picking her up. As she can‘t reach the close buttons it it is good that she knows to step back when she hears the beeping.
Sponsored