How do you turn on the heat?

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Am I blind? I can't figure out how to turn on the heat in the car. Lately (and sadly), we've had some cool evenings in the high 50s. When I get in the car, the AC is running and blowing cool air. How do I get it to produce warm air? Presumably you could set the target temp to something ridiculously high, but if it's 55 degrees, I still only want the car warmed to 68 or 70... In my last car there was a way to tell it if you wanted warm or cool air, and you could also turn off the "air conditioning", which kept it from blowing cool air.
Sponsored

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
From the lower screen where you adjust temps, you can click the menu button to go to the air conditioning settings screen. It pops up in the upper screen and this is where you also set up diffused/focused air flows etc.

In that settings screen it has buttons to set the whole air conditioning system on/off, to set the energy efficient eco mode on/off and set the A/C (effectively cooling) on/off. Just tap them accordingly.

I always have Eco on and just switch between AC on/off depending on if I want heat or cooling on. However if heavy cooling or heating is needed asap then Eco can be disabled. I have not needed to disable it yet, probably due to not having experienced extreme heat or cold thus far.

In range mode that same menu will show an additional setting btw, called Eco Plus. Choosing that will enable simple air conditioning with no ability to set anything (including temps). I've used it a few times now when running on fumes during my lapland trip. Don't really recommend it unless really low on juice.

I'd also add that even though the manual claims otherwise, I'm 100% sure setting a higher temp makes it warm up faster. And the same with cooling, lower temp helps speed it up. But yeah, do switch AC on/off depending on which you want.

AC (cooling) can very easily be set on/off via the voice commands as well.

Last edited: