How does everyone use their passenger display?

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
i have the passenger screen showing satellite image while my center display is on Media. Of course only when I have a passenger. I like having the power media and information tubes on the dash. When I drive solo and need to use nav I switch from power meter to map on dash so I can keep central display on Media. If I could scroll through favorites with the Diamond key or scroll wheel it would make the need for media to be there much less important. First world problem.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I use the multiview; when I am going on a longer drive, I will activate it even when there is no passenger. Admittedly, I still almost never look at it. It's not especially useful in my view, because the things you can use it for are quite limited.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Can passenger view show the night vision camera, for your copilot to help watch in bad weather conditions?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I use the multiview; when I am going on a longer drive, I will activate it even when there is no passenger. Admittedly, I still almost never look at it. It's not especially useful in my view, because the things you can use it for are quite limited.
How can you do that without passenger?
It happened once (I didn't do anything) when it was on during the whole journey, almost an hour, but as far as I know, it should work only when passenger sit ...
It could be useful to have it on the whole screen, since there are useful info about traffic jams, etc...

@whitex : afaik, no... at least not automatically.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
How can you do that without passenger?
It happened once (I didn't do anything) when it was on during the whole journey, almost an hour, but as far as I know, it should work only when passenger sit ...
It could be useful to have it on the whole screen, since there are useful info about traffic jams, etc...

@whitex : afaik, no... at least not automatically.
I have the same question. I want to have the screen also on when there is no passenger on the seat. Easiest is probably to shortcut the switch in the seat I reckon

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
It's explained here somewhere by a competent user, not me - I can't find it anymore (I think it was in a debate last April on the Taycan big software update WMA something..) see the picture.

it works. you need to do it every time you turn the car on.

I have the same question. I want to have the screen also on when there is no passenger on the seat. Easiest is probably to shortcut the switch in the seat I reckon
Porsche Taycan How does everyone use their passenger display? Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 12.22.38

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
I use the central screen for CarPlay - which seems to be the only option (why?!) - and the passenger display for media/radio . It's very comfortable to reach to the far right to deal with music when driving...

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's explained here somewhere by a competent user, not me - I can't find it anymore (I think it was in a debate last April on the Taycan big software update WMA something..) see the picture.

Screenshot 2021-11-26 at 12.22.38.png
Thanks! I'll missed this post, I will give it a try. Thanks again!

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag

Great!
Thx.
:like:

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Just tried it. The first method didn't work but the second works like a charm!!!

JonS1234

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Model S Plaid, Model X LR
Country flag
I literally only use it on longer drivers. My wife handles the media and routing from there. I kind of just like the lit Taycan symbol on there when I’m driving, it finishes the dash off IMHO.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I don't. I had it on my 4S, never got used, and left it off my new CT4. Don't need any passengers messing with my settings, and even when driving it limits their input. Not super useful.
Sponsored