johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I’m a bit confused how to actually turn on Innodrive. I hit the button on the side of the stalk to see some icons come up, but it doesn’t seem to activate anything. I can change distance just fine, but that distance doesn’t do anything if it’s not enabled. It does enables, sometimes, if I push back on the stalk to set speed. Pushing up or down on the stalk doesn’t seem to do anything. Sometkmes I see green, sometimes I don’t. Honestly I’m just so confused about how this works, it’s not very intuitive at all.
Sponsored

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Owners manual, PorscheInnoDrive (PID) section. Should be near page 199.

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
It might be your foot on the accelerator pedal as you try to adjust the speed - I noticed ACC/PID doesn't like to change the set speed when I'm touching the pedal at all. Which is kinda weird and annoying but easy enough to get used to, probably.

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
I just got my taycan a couple days ago and the first time was trying Innodrive was exactly as you described - very unintuitive. However, after you figure out that all you need to do is turn it on (with the button on the stock) and set your speed with the stock, the car does the rest. Its actually very easy to use after you understand what to do. I agree and very frustrating initial experience.

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
InnoDrive doesn't do anything when cruise control is not engaged (except show you icons for upcoming curves/stop signs).

Overall the only thing it really does over adaptive cruise control is slow down for curves/stop signs/intersections/roundabouts.

OP
OP

johnschlemmer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Appreciate the input… one thing that keeps happening to me is the green wheel goes away fairly often and without warning, meaning it won’t steer for me. It comes on and off all the time. Is it supposed to do this? Also, what do the green lines coming on and off on the left and right of the road icon do?

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
Appreciate the input… one thing that keeps happening to me is the green wheel goes away fairly often and without warning, meaning it won’t steer for me. It comes on and off all the time. Is it supposed to do this? Also, what do the green lines coming on and off on the left and right of the road icon do?
Completely normal.

The green lane lines show up above 37mph roughly for lane departure warning. Cruise control not needed. This means you get the angry frog noise and the car bouncing you back into the lane if you get too close to the edge.

The steering wheel is active lane keep, which provides continuous steering input to keep you in the middle of the path, only while adaptive cruise control is engaged. Below 37mph this can be active without lane departure warning or even good lane lines by following the radar determined path of the car ahead of you. In traffic jams for example you'll get the wheel without lines.

They're independent systems and both activate and deactivate quietly depending on the circumstances. The steering wheel (ALK) is the only one that really matters, the lines (LDW) are a system that only intervenes occasionally.

After a while you start to understand what it can and can't handle and you know when you can trust it and when you can't. It's at its best on highways.

These icons are the main reason why I got the HUD. I rely heavily on the assistance features for long drives (I drive roughly 3000 miles per month), and the HUD makes it easy easier to see when each system is active.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Read the manual as previously suggested - lots to learn about this feature and many others besides - you will be missing out otherwise
Sponsored