How hard to get an allocation? 4S sedan or 4S ST

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I had to step away from the forums while I took care of some personal matters but am now back…since then the market has changed quite a bit!

how difficult is it to get an allocation from a dealer?

I had one dealer tell me that it’s impossible to get an allocation unless I want to pay a markup and especially if I don’t have a history of buying from that dealer
Sponsored

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Don't know about other people/dealers, I can only share that I paid a deposit and joined a local dealer's waitlist for a CT 4 allocation in May and my position on the list hasn't moved at all after two months. Now did other people pay markups to cut in line? I have no idea.

jonbek

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I got my dealers last remaining
23 allocation; ordered and set for Feb 23 but it will be my second taycan with them.

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
Back in April, no other allocations were available at my local dealership except for RWD (at MSRP, no markup), which I took. The car completed production last week and is on its way to the port. See Timeline

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
My info is that the ST get priority in 2022 q3/q4. Normal sedan is 2023 q3 for new orders

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I put a deposit down on a GTS ST in January 22, moved 0 positions in 6 months. Bought a CPO turbo and canceled my deposit. Hope it improves for others!

OP
OP

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
After doing some more research and talking to a bunch of dealers I can share the following: dealers are waiting for allocations and creating wait lists to get allocations. They have no idea when they’ll get allocations and are telling me you can expect a car to be delivered in 12-18 months … depending on which one you order.

In the meantime, while I wait for an allocation I might just stick with my f80 m3 or wait for my i4 m50 to be delivered shortly (could be a couple months).

Asu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nothing
Country flag
After doing some more research and talking to a bunch of dealers I can share the following: dealers are waiting for allocations and creating wait lists to get allocations. They have no idea when they’ll get allocations and are telling me you can expect a car to be delivered in 12-18 months … depending on which one you order.

In the meantime, while I wait for an allocation I might just stick with my f80 m3 or wait for my i4 m50 to be delivered shortly (could be a couple months).
I would see if any dealers have any incoming one that are pre build. I know it wouldn’t be exactly how you like it but i don’t think I would have patience waiting for so long

gotzillar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST GTS coming
Country flag
My dealer just got their first allocation for GTS ST for a Nov/Dec build. I heard other dealers are also getting allocations but only 1 or 2 per dealer for ST.

akg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST (inbound), 2021 AMG G63
Country flag
I have a '23 GTS ST on track for Sep delivery. I called up my local dealer back in December and requested to be put on the list. Mind you, this will be my first Porsche ever and first time interacting with this dealer. They were completely straightforward and told me the expected ADM (which was very reasonable for an allocation this rare). They told me that I was first on the list and I got a call 4 months later that they had received their only allocation for 2022 for a 2023 GTS ST and it was mine.

OP
OP

dmattingly23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I have a '23 GTS ST on track for Sep delivery. I called up my local dealer back in December and requested to be put on the list. Mind you, this will be my first Porsche ever and first time interacting with this dealer. They were completely straightforward and told me the expected ADM (which was very reasonable for an allocation this rare). They told me that I was first on the list and I got a call 4 months later that they had received their only allocation for 2022 for a 2023 GTS ST and it was mine.
A Lot has changed since December. there are no longer 2022 Allocations and many dealers have zero new cars on their lots.
Sponsored