NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
21" Turbo (non-S) with Conti all seasons. Another track day Friday (third one with the Taycan) and I'm down to 4/32" on the fronts. I can't get rid of them soon enough. They may be good for all year use, snow or cold road performance, wet, etc. They are utter garbage after the first lap on a hot track. Then again, it's a lot to ask an all-season tire set to handle tracking a 5000 lb car. Still I can't get rid of them soon enough to replace them with some PS4 summers. If it gets cold and snowy, that's what the wife's Cayenne is for.

Just turned over 6000 miles.
Sponsored

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Tesla Model Y, 2020 MB GLE450
Country flag
Anyone changed their tires as yet? I am hoping for Michelin options for our cars soon (N category). At the moment it seems only Pirelli Pzeros and Continental Procontact RX are available for TTS. Has anyone tried the Pzeros and have any recommendations vs Procontact?
I have a little over 10,000 miles on my Continentals and they are still in good shape front and rear. I'm hoping to get to 18-20k on them. They are fine for daily driving, not the best for performance driving, but comfortable and smooth with decent handling in most weather.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
I have a little over 10,000 miles on my Continentals and they are still in good shape front and rear. I'm hoping to get to 18-20k on them. They are fine for daily driving, not the best for performance driving, but comfortable and smooth with decent handling in most weather.
Thank for the info. What tire pressures are you running?

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank for the info. What tire pressures are you running?
I run the Porsche recommended pressures at around 40psi front and 44psi rear. I will probably try Michelin or Pirelli next time for comparison, although I've never been a fan of Pirelli as they seemed to wear really fast for me on previous cars.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I run the Porsche recommended pressures at around 40psi front and 44psi rear. I will probably try Michelin or Pirelli next time for comparison, although I've never been a fan of Pirelli as they seemed to wear really fast for me on previous cars.
Note that's the full load pressure. The partial load pressure is 38/38. You can check this in the PCM settings -> Vehicle -> Tire pressure monitoring menu.

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Note that's the full load pressure. The partial load pressure is 38/38. You can check this in the PCM settings -> Vehicle -> Tire pressure monitoring menu.
Thanks for the info! I have been using the full load as on the door sticker, I'm a pretty good sized man so I may still need the full load pressure! Haven't noticed a harsher ride or any premature wear though either.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn't notice a change for day-to-day driving when I dropped from 41/44 to 38/38. As for wear, if you are able to even notice a difference, more wear in the middle than on the outside means pressure has been too high. More wear on the outside than in the middle means pressure has been too low. But the difference between 38 and 41 on the fronts is noise. 44 to 38 on the back may be more noticible.

And there's nothing that says you can't pick an easy to remember number like 40 and just use that for all four tires.

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
Anyone seen any change in camber when driving in low or high. And therefore change in tire wear?
even change in caster and Toe in front, or can the car in some way make up for that?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last track day finally did in the 21" Conti ProContact all seasons at around 7500 miles. Switched to the Pirelli PZ4 NF0 spec and have one more track day this season coming up. Most immediate thing to notice is that the Pirelli 265-35ZR21 up front is wider than the ProContact of the same size. It's a better fit on the front rims. The Conti always looked "stretched" - the Pirelli looks like a perfect fit. First drive home and the Pirellis didn't seem any noisier. Consumption seems to have increased slightly but in both cases this comment is far from a scientific study.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Anyone seen any change in camber when driving in low or high. And therefore change in tire wear?
even change in caster and Toe in front, or can the car in some way make up for that?
Actually I lowered my car 10mm and was curious if I could see a difference in tire wear (inside/ouside) but it's keeping up very well, especially cuz I'm driving in the lowest ride height almost all the time.
So I guess there's your answer.

I also drove with 15 and 20mm lowering and I could defenately see a pretty visual difference in chamber so that was a bit too aggressive and I didn't expect it would be any good for even tire wear so I think 10mm is the sweetspot in lowering without having the car realigned.

Last edited:

Spd_Tkt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 4S, 20 Jeep JLUR, 14 991.1 C2S-MT, 13 BMW K16GT
Country flag
Yes, if I understand your question, we cannot simply do a front-rear exchange because the tire widths are different. If the tires are not directional, there can be a simple left-right wheel exchange. Perhaps this is possible with All Season tires. Most Summer Tires are probably directional. It's probably not worth the hassle of dis-mounting and re-mounting directional tires for the left to right rotation.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Yes, if I understand your question, we cannot simply do a front-rear exchange because the tire widths are different. If the tires are not directional, there can be a simple left-right wheel exchange. Perhaps this is possible with All Season tires. Most Summer Tires are probably directional. It's probably not worth the hassle of dis-mounting and re-mounting directional tires for the left to right rotation.
Yes, thank you. That is what I meant, despite the indecipherability of my previous post.
Sponsored