How long are you planning to keep your Taycan?

How long are you planning to keep your Taycan?

• Total voters

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
I'm curious to see how Forum members respond to this question, as one who is planning to special-order a CT4.
I'm interested in both people who have a Taycan now or those who (like me) have ordered one or plan to order one.
My plan is to keep it for roughly 8 years (assuming no big problems)...
Thanks!
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
It’s a keeper.

I’m thinking about throwing it a birthday party in May. ??

I guessed 7-8 years. I don’t have specific plans, but 5-6 years is when we’ll probably start re-evaluating.

OP
OP
cometguy

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
It’s a keeper.

I’m thinking about throwing it a birthday party in May. ??

I guessed 7-8 years. I don’t have specific plans, but 5-6 years is when we’ll probably start re-evaluating.
Yeah, that's all I'm asking for... Rough guesses or plans, assuming it has no major problems that might make you want it to dump it sooner than hoped/planned... I realize that some respondents may be having problems with their Taycan and expect to get rid of it sooner for that reason ...

Abe

First Name
Abdallah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My Jaguar has been with me for 8 years now and I'm keeping it for 2 more years at least. So I'm hoping the Taycan will last just as much. (I voted 7-8 years)

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
Thinking 3-4 years just because I’m afraid of taking a Porsche out of the 4 year/50k mile warranty considering the expensive parts. But if there’s some reliable/reasonable extended warranty out there I’d be up for keeping it until the battery warranty.

*Ive had TWO Tesla batteries die on me before so I’m not playing the “out of warranty” game with the battery.

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Thinking 3-4 years just because I’m afraid of taking a Porsche out of the 4 year/50k mile warranty considering the expensive parts. But if there’s some reliable/reasonable extended warranty out there I’d be up for keeping it until the battery warranty.

*Ive had TWO Tesla batteries die on me before so I’m not playing the “out of warranty” game with the battery.
I am thinking pretty much the same thing. I have seen/read several articles on how dealers are stressing because EVs do not need oil changes and the maintenance that ICE cars need. How are the dealers going to cover overhead if EVs are not coming in for service? I think that once the car is out of the factory warranty any service work and/or repair is going to be hugely expensive. Factor both of those in and I am fearful that any needed repairs or service will be very expensive even without a battery replacement. I will be making the decision to trade my car in close to the end of the warranty...............with the added plus that I get to drive a new car with the latest upgrades/features!?

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
I'm leasing but can buy at the end of the lease. I'm hoping for 6 to 8 years but if battery tech rockets forward then I will take another look at the end of the lease and possibly move on to something else

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
My hope is that for starters, my GTS will go into production soon, and I'll get it this summer (originally slated for May delivery, but...). Beyond that, I'm thinking that by the time the next Taycan is released, I can make a better informed decision on what I really need out of an EV. If a nice new 500 mile real range 4-door estate/crossover came out sooner and I could trade-in my Taycan straight up for it, I'd have a hard time saying no. The biggest chance of that right now is I think if the Rivian R1R rally car comes out, but I'm guessing it won't hit that 500 mile range anytime soon.

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
If there will be battery swapping service that retrofit previous MY, then the chance of keeping my (upcoming) Taycan for 10 years+ is much higher. My ICE Cayenne had been with us for almost 9 years now.

Guys, this is the First generation pure electric mass production vehicle by PORSCHE, it will be a classic for sure.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
I voted for 8 years but I'm honestly not sure. It depends on how much the Taycan actually gets used as a family car. If we always use the Audi for family outings, I may end up going to an electric 718 when that comes out. But if the Porsche gets regular use now the weather's nicer, I imagine I'd stick with the Taycan until it gets too expensive to keep on the road or my son's driving himself to school, whichever comes first.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Newer battery tech (Quantumscape) will most likely cause big depreciation for us first-gen owners but I don't care. I'll keep mine as long as it's running tip top and the battery capacity doesn't give up the ghost to early.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I prefer to stay with a Taycan so will keep my MY2020 until the next gen (improved battery & electronics) comes out whenever that is (~2025) and then look at how it has improved and what the competition has to offer.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
I checked 1 - 2 years. As soon as I find something available with comparable build quality and more reliable software I plan to trade the CT. Having said that, finding something else will be no easy task. After reading feedback on other forums I am beginning to doubt if I will find a suitable replacement in my lifetime.

The only way I would keep my CT beyond the original warranty would be to trade it in on itself to get an extended CPO warranty.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
in general I never keep cars beyond the warranty period. for EVs the evolution of the tech can render a car functionally obsolete very quickly. a lease puts the risks onto the lessor.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I checked > 8 years. I tend to keep my cars for a long time if I'm happy with them. I'll be getting rid of my Acura MDX I've had for 18 years. I don't think I've ever traded or sold a car I liked sooner than 10 years of ownership.
Sponsored