WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
My car is allegedly due to Porsche Nottingham on the 22nd of July (I'm not holding my breath). Just wondered in the UK what's people experience of timescales once it's at the dealer to you then being invited to collect it? Cheers. Wayne.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Depends...

If there is nothing to be 'added' to the car due to the supply chain challenge (some components may be added by the dealer post production e.g. tyre pressure monitoring sensors (TPMS), ceramic coating (if requested), PPF (if requested) then within 48 hrs of your car being at the dealer.

Note there will be a pre-delivery inspection (PDI), likely some software upgrades, car registration etc and the dealer may be busy.

Ask your dealer for the typical turnaround.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
My car is allegedly due to Porsche Nottingham on the 22nd of July (I'm not holding my breath). Just wondered in the UK what's people experience of timescales once it's at the dealer to you then being invited to collect it? Cheers. Wayne.
My experience for both my Taycan purchases is that you could get invited (date to collect the car) before it’s arrived at the dealership. Planning collection in anticipation of its arrival. That’s clearly a little unorthodox and carries a bit of risk - talk to your dealer as they readily accept the excitement & anticipation for customers with orders is “through the roof” - it will depend on their workshop prep and handover availability (Porsche dealers like a fan fare handover and prob are limited to 3-4 car handovers a day. Usual prep / turnaround time when car is delivered to dealer from port (Grimsby port for Nottingham I’d guess) is 48-72hrs.
Best of luck. (If it’s stated as 22/7/22 then at this stage I’d reckon the car hasn’t left the factory for Emden port) It’s 10 days to prob get thru the port, to U.K. and reach your dealer.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I had my collection date penciled in with the dealer once it had arrived at PDI place. They said it normally takes about 1 week to arrive, pdi, get delivered to their head office, then to their dealership etc. So booked collection on that basis. I think it actually came couple of days before that in the end, so i got it 'early'.

Pag

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo
Country flag
Hi Wayne… how about some real time feedback 😀. My car arrived at the dealers 16:00 last night. Picking up 09:30 Thursday. So basically 2 working days to go through workshop, get registered, have software updated etc. Did take 6 weeks to get from ‘exit production’ to the dealers.. but 2 days once the dealer has it.

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cheers all. Seems the avg is a few days. Yup I'll call the dealer in a couple of weeks I think. Pointless at the moment. I live up in the NE so Nottingham isn't just round the corner. Should make for a decent journey time back home to hoon around.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SST, 718 Boxster S, Nissan Juke
Country flag
I'll dealing with the same PC. The car was to have arrived with them on Monday 13th June, the first day of my salesman's week's holiday!

He wanted to do the handover, we were fine with that and thought we had verbally agreed a collection date of 23rd June (a Thursday is important for us).

Trying to tie this down today before making payment, but the guy I need to speak to is "always just with another customer at the moment", aarghh!!!

David

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'll dealing with the same PC. The car was to have arrived with them on Monday 13th June, the first day of my salesman's week's holiday!

He wanted to do the handover, we were fine with that and thought we had verbally agreed a collection date of 23rd June (a Thursday is important for us).

Trying to tie this down today before making payment, but the guy I need to speak to is "always just with another customer at the moment", aarghh!!!

David
They seem quite good so far but that's because we aren't in the detail of delivery yet! Hopefully it goods ok but there's been so many delays since i ordered last June that I'm hugely cynical about the whole thing!

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm in business!
Collection/handover agreed as Thursday 23rd June.
Bring it on! :like:

David
Awesome mate :clap: . What are you getting? The excitement is getting almost unbearable and distracting the closer I actually get! :CWL:😂

OP
OP
WRC_1S

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah yes sorry I forget about those signatures! Nice.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Hi Wayne… how about some real time feedback 😀. My car arrived at the dealers 16:00 last night. Picking up 09:30 Thursday. So basically 2 working days to go through workshop, get registered, have software updated etc. Did take 6 weeks to get from ‘exit production’ to the dealers.. but 2 days once the dealer has it.
That aligns pretty much with my earlier post … secure the date once it’s on car freight ship from Emden from your OPC

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
If it is the end of the month or quarter they may turn it around in less than 24 hours to make their numbers.
Sponsored