First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hello all,
If you get the upgraded charger with your 2021; do you still get the basic charger with it?

So that would mean if you did get the upgraded charger you would have two chargers with you at delivery right?

If anyone has pictures of all chargers, that would be great.
Sponsored

AboveTheLaw

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, G63
Country flag
Hello all,
If you get the upgraded charger with your 2021; do you still get the basic charger with it?

So that would mean if you did get the upgraded charger you would have two chargers with you at delivery right?

If anyone has pictures of all chargers, that would be great.
No, you only get one charger. Mine came with the Mobile Charger Connect. Not really worth the money.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Just to be clear, the charger is built into the car. The Taycan comes standard with two built-in chargers: an AC charger (maximum 240 volts at 48 amps) and a DC charger (maximum 800 volts at about 300 amps).

The device outside of the car, which you plug into when charging, is called an EVSE (electric vehicle supply equipment). You use the EVSE at home or at a high speed charging station. The EVSE used at home plugs into a wall socket or is hard wired to a electric panel.

Besides the 'free' built-in AC and DC chargers, I believe the Taycan comes with one external EVSE which can be used at up to 240 volts at 48 amps (11kw). I use a Juicebox 40 EVSE at my home, which I have used with my old BMW i3 and my newer Tesla model Y. I plan to use the same Juicebox 40 when my Taycan arrives hopefully in 2021.

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Just to be clear, the charger is built into the car. The Taycan comes standard with two built-in chargers: an AC charger (maximum 240 volts at 48 amps) and a DC charger (maximum 800 volts at about 300 amps).

The device outside of the car, which you plug into when charging, is called an EVSE (electric vehicle supply equipment). You use the EVSE at home or at a high speed charging station. The EVSE used at home plugs into a wall socket or is hard wired to a electric panel.

Besides the 'free' built-in AC and DC chargers, I believe the Taycan comes with one external EVSE which can be used at up to 240 volts at 48 amps (11kw). I use a Juicebox 40 EVSE at my home, which I have used with my old BMW i3 and my newer Tesla model Y. I plan to use the same Juicebox 40 when my Taycan arrives hopefully in 2021.
This is all correct, but perhaps not exactly what the OP was asking. The question as I understand it is "if I pay to upgrade to the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect (PMCC) EVSE" do I still also get the default, included-with-Taycan-purchase Porsche Mobile Charger Plus EVSE"? I believe the answer is No. You are paying to "upgrade" the EVSE, not purchase a second one.

As someone forced to buy the PMCC, let me say: I don't think it's worth it. There are better EVSEs for less money available. They don't say "Porsche" on them, but they don't weigh a lot and cost $1,100 either.
Sponsored

Last edited: