How many launch controls have you done in a Taycan

How many launch controls have you done in a Taycan?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just a little fun poll. It just dawned on me that I’ve never launched Webber (my Taycan Turbo) and thought it would be nice to see what others have done. You are able to pick more than one option.
Thanks.
Sponsored

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I've had my TTS for barely a week and have done launch controls (I have a spot near by which is safe for this) many many times.
On my second day, when battery got low/hot (not exactly sure why) it actually didn't let me do a launch control -- I was upset. But then, after charging, it was back !!
@NC_Taycan I find myself doing the same at yellow light !!

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
Why "NONE" launch control? It is only an electronic control so that the car cannot be harmed. The car was built to can do that. There are certainly many other things that do more harm to the car. :facepalm:

OP
OP
UKTIVO

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Why "NONE" launch control? It is only an electronic control so that the car cannot be harmed. The car was built to can do that. There are certainly many other things that do more harm to the car. :facepalm:
That’s a good question. I had the loan of a turbo S for a day from a local dealer.. trust me, that thing got launched more than I could say.. I’ve done none in mine..
I think it’s because the car is just quick anyway so I don’t feel the need to do it.. can’t put my finger on it to be honest.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
3 times in my own Taycan, but all in the last week. Once you start there’s no way back! LOL. Last one was Wednesday evening at a red light on a very big 4 carriage way road. Floored it at the red light and went up to 265kph (1655mph). My son was in the car, he also loved it! :)

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
If I intentionally slow down at yellow lights to create an opportunity for launch control, do I have a problem? Asking for a friend...
I thought it was just me ?

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
zero !
I even don't know how to do !
I turn it in sport plus once
ooooooooooooooooooooooo
I switch it immediately to individual which in my case is sport plus without electronic sound. Only when there are speed bumps it is in normal mode as with sport plus even at 10 km the floor hits the speed bump.

ccooke01

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S and ID.4
Country flag
Our local Tesco superstore has a large retail park attached to it, the shops are all closed due to the current lockdown restrictions, which has resulted in a very large empty car park, perfect for lauch control……

My wife wasn’t impressed, something about growing up was mentioned along with a few other choice words, however both my son’s enjoyed it.

The Porsche dealer in Preston uses launch control in there car park when explaining the power of the Taycan before you take it out on a test drive, of cause they don’t warn you before hand, the result is interesting…..

I recommend everyone should try it out, its want the car is designed for.
Sponsored