How many of you upgraded to a newer year after dealer offered strong $ on trade?

nwills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've seen a handful of threads where 2020/21 owners were offered close to or over what they paid to upgrade to a 2022.

Just curious if this has been a common occurrence?

If so:

What part of the world are you in?

Were you offered:
A little under what you originally paid?
Same amount you originally paid?
Over what you originally paid?
Sponsored

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Mine's going soon! New one in March, slight upgrade in spec, minimal cost and hopefully glitches sorted.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Mine's going soon! New one in March, slight upgrade in spec, minimal cost and hopefully glitches sorted.
When you say "minimal cost" are you calculating it using a trade-in estimate from when you ordered it, or did you get a new estimate recently? The actual trade-in value will of course be determined when you trade it in, so presumably in March. Only mentioning it as there have been people on this forum very surprised to find out the used car market has dropped significantly over the last 6-8 months or so, therefore their trade-ins lost value.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
When you say "minimal cost" are you calculating it using a trade-in estimate from when you ordered it, or did you get a new estimate recently? The actual trade-in value will of course be determined when you trade it in, so presumably in March. Only mentioning it as there have been people on this forum very surprised to find out the used car market has dropped significantly over the last 6-8 months or so, therefore their trade-ins lost value.
New car should cost me nothing if old one sells at above list. I may have 4-6 weeks without a car though!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
New car should cost me nothing if old one sells at above list. I may have 4-6 weeks without a car though!
So when are you trading in your car for above list?
Sponsored