How much money do Porsche sales reps make on a Taycan sale @ MSRP in USA?

festus_mcBitcoin

First Name
Festus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 Turbo S, 2021 TTS (June 11)
Country flag
Question
I'd be curious to know how much money a Porsche sales rep makes when selling or leasing out a new Taycan at full MSRP in the USA. I'm not referring to the profit margin for the dealer, but rather just the salesman's cut.

Any insight? Clearly there are a lot of factors at play here including the dealer, the region, seasonality, the seniority of the rep, the management structure, etc. But just ballpark. Like say you buy/lease a $220k Taycan Turbo S. What's the salesman's payout assuming MSRP?

Background
I only ask because the sales people I've encountered recently seem utterly disinterested in the product itself, one telling me he actively avoids reading any Porsche-related sites and forums. And further, they seem completely indifferent to the sales process, the cause of port delays, ETAs, status updates, etc.

Makes me wonder if...

(1) Demand is so high and they get paid so *much* that the needs of any individual customer can be safely ignored, or

(2) They get paid so *little* that there's zero incentive to put in any effort whatsoever wrt product and company knowledge.

I guess I'd always assumed that if they make a $220k sale, they'd be walking away with $7-$10k in their pocket -- not Zuckerberg money to be sure, but certainly enough where if they're making 3-4 sales per month, they're living super well, and certainly reason enough to pay attention to each individual open order on their books.

It would be kind of interesting to get a behind-the-scenes take of how salesmen are compensated, the incentive structure, etc.
Sponsored

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
As a very rough ballpark, they make 20% of the net profit on a car. If you guess Porsche net profit is around 10%, then they would make about $4K on a Turbo at MSRP.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I can see salespeople avoiding reading online forums, as the public ones are generally not great.

I expect my salesperson to be knowledgeable about the car's options in a pre-sales situation, and responsive to questions that documentation from Porsche exists. I only asked about status of the order monthly, as that is the about the time frame that makes any sense. I've ordered 2 cars from my current Porsche salesperson, and so far I've been very happy.