MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Once in a while, she wakes up and I get it that she's on having a bad day....the symptoms all show up:
- Park assist will be not functional with the top view car icon being greyed out
- Apple Music will not launch (not CarPlay but native)
- Nav favourites are all gone, sometimes locations is wrong

Yes powering down the car and fire it back often resolves the problem but it is not easy while you drive. So then The double-finger upper right corner reboot of the PCM solves all this....

It is definitively a recurrent problem,; probably software related but how often do you do it?
At least once a week for myself.....
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Once in a while, she wakes up and I get it that she's on having a bad day....the symptoms all show up:
- Park assist will be not functional with the top view car icon being greyed out

Yes powering down the car and fire it back often resolves the problem but it is not easy while you drive. So then The double-finger upper right corner reboot of the PCM solves all this....

It is definitively a recurrent problem,; probably software related but how often do you do it?
Sounds like you need new coding and programming.
This is defenately not normal so I would suggest a visit to the dealer.
I've done it once but purely to test how and if it worked.
I don't have your problems and you shouldn't have them either so your question is a bit irrelevant.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Agreed I have only rebooted once only to test the reboot procedure.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Frequently enough as I have all those problems. My hunch is its because I park in an underground car park with no network coverage. The car (sometimes) does not seem very good at reacquiring network connection on coming back into coverage when I drive the car out of the garage.

I am currently working with my apartment company to install a legal phone signal booster in my underground. The main motivation is to give me alarm activation/tracker coverage overnight, but I am quietly hoping it will help resolve the issue described as well.

OP
OP
MyA

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Frequently enough as I have all those problems. My hunch is its because I park in an underground car park with no network coverage. The car (sometimes) does not seem very good at reacquiring network connection on coming back into coverage when I drive the car out of the garage.

I am currently working with my apartment company to install a legal phone signal booster in my underground. The main motivation is to give me alarm activation/tracker coverage overnight, but I am quietly hoping it will help resolve the issue described as well.
Tigerbalm: you may have strike a good pre-existing condition as I can relate to this. It does effectiveley seem to be related after parking overnight in an underground garage.

Thankfully, we have been relocated after our house was badly sinistred with water and we are moving back this week-end.... This might just be my solution: moving out of this condo....Yeah!

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Quite a few times to get the native Apple Music to work. I think tigerbalm is right that this most often occurs if the car is switched on when there is poor network coverage; for whatever reason, Apple Music is not good at flipping back when network coverage is reestablished unless you reboot (other network-reliant features seem to reestablish themselves fine).

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Somebody on the forum mentioned that these software problems are a result of a module or two malfuntioning, as in there is a hardware problem that causes the software problems.

I tend to agree, otherwise there is no reason why the same software works fine on one car but somebody else will have reoccuring problems.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I park underground with barely any coverage. My phone is dead down there. Never rebooted PCM. As soon as I drive out the internet radio picks up connection and everything is fine.

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
10000 miles here.

I don't have those specific problems, but my PCM has been and is still wonky ( update had been done) at times. I need to reset it from time to time. Black screen, music stops playing on Spotify, "innodrive unavailable"......etc.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Never TT

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I park underground with barely any coverage. My phone is dead down there. Never rebooted PCM. As soon as I drive out the internet radio picks up connection and everything is fine.
Internet radio, navigation etc work every time for me after network is reestablished; it’s just Apple Music that I have to reboot for.
Sponsored