How practical is Taycan as a daily driver for people in their 60s?

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I am mid 60's, bad knees and obese, I have no issues getting into the car and exiting is also not too bad. if the OP's parents are interested in the car I suggest that they find one to sample and if they find it too hard to enter and exit pass but I don't think that there will be any issues for them

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Even with a CT it’s certainly more awkward getting in than with an SUV, BMW 5 series etc. And it’s wide - the surround view helps with parking.

OP
OP

TaycanTaiwan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
I have a Cayenne (Taycan Turbo on order). The Taycan is narrower than the Cayenne, albeit not by much, and I have no issues parking that.
Many thanks for the reply Rayo2703. Good to know that parking isn't of an issue. :)

THAICAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4S / MG ZS EV
Country flag
I'm 70. I drive my Taycan most days.

I am 6ft (183 cms), 71 kgs. I have no problems entering or exiting the car. Okay, it's not as easy as a normal car, but I don't find it a problem.

It's a wide car.

OP
OP

TaycanTaiwan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
I'm 70. I drive my Taycan most days.

I am 6ft (183 cms), 71 kgs. I have no problems entering or exiting the car. Okay, it's not as easy as a normal car, but I don't find it a problem.

It's a wide car.
Many thanks for the reply Thaican. (User name checks out). I'll share your valuable feedback back with my parents. :)

GerhardF

First Name
Gerhard F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD coming Nov 2021
Country flag
I think your parents should try the Macan at the Porsche dealer, because it seems to me that getting in and out is a problem for them. Maybe the Macan is better there.
The Cayenne is actually too high when getting in, so you have to stretch yourself up ..... good luck!

OP
OP

TaycanTaiwan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
I think your parents should try the Macan at the Porsche dealer, because it seems to me that getting in and out is a problem for them. Maybe the Macan is better there.
The Cayenne is actually too high when getting in, so you have to stretch yourself up ..... good luck!
Many thanks for the reply GerhardF.
Good point. I actually did suggest Macan to them at the beginning but they insist their next car needs to be an EV and a sedan. ?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Many thanks for the reply GerhardF.
Good point. I actually did suggest Macan to them at the beginning but they insist their next car needs to be an EV and a sedan. ?
EV is definitelly the right choice…maybe you should try to convince them, that CT is actually a sedan with more space :angel: ….afterall it looks the same from the front view, almost similar from the back and just slightly different from side view;)

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi fellow Taycan owners and the Porsche family,

Greetings from Taiwan.
My parents in their 60s would like to join the Taycan family.

Before going to the local dealership they'd like to get some rough ideas from other Taycan owners whether Taycan is the right fit for their lifestyle.

Could you share your experience with the following three questions:

1. Is the rear trunk/boot big enough for two large suitcases (28-32"/78-81cm)?

I have read this thread but the luggage appears to be one large and one medium only.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...arge-check-in-luggage-bags-in-the-trunk.4864/

2. Is it difficult for my parents to get in and out of the cars? Coming from a Mercedes sedan driving position, they are worried that Taycan's seat might be too low for their liking. I understand that there is the 14 way seat option that they could potentially opt in.

3. Are Taycans really too wide for standard supermarket parking bays and narrow city alleys?

Here's an image I found on the internet.
Screenshot_20211017-104811~2.png

We would be really grateful if you could shed some light on these questions. Hopefully this post could benefit other prospective Taycan owners in the future. :)

Thank you.
I'm 76, 6 feet tall and thin. I just hit 10,000 miles on my Taycan Turbo without a single issue. Getting in I go Butt first-no problem. Getting out I use the car itself for leverage, again no problem. But it is more difficult then my BMW X3. Trunk space is fine. Rear seats are terriffic. All in all, have them go get in and out and of one and see for themselves.

OP
OP

TaycanTaiwan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
I'm 76, 6 feet tall and thin. I just hit 10,000 miles on my Taycan Turbo without a single issue. Getting in I go Butt first-no problem. Getting out I use the car itself for leverage, again no problem. But it is more difficult then my BMW X3. Trunk space is fine. Rear seats are terriffic. All in all, have them go get in and out and of one and see for themselves.
Many thanks for the reply Skier. Another great feedback from a real owner. Much appreciated. I will also share your valuable feedback with my parents.
That dolomite silver looks so beautiful. The graphite grey? 5 series also looks so good!

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Many thanks for the reply Skier. Another great feedback from a real owner. Much appreciated. I will also share your valuable feedback with my parents.
That dolomite silver looks so beautiful. The graphite grey? 5 series also looks so good!
Thanks and my pleasure!

OP
OP

TaycanTaiwan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
I think others have addressed the adequate luggage space in the Taycan. The ingress and egress could be an issue. When I test drove the Taycan, I had absolutely no issues with getting in or out. There was a reason for that, the door was full open and that makes a big difference. The reality is that rarely is the door full open in any parking lot or even most folk's garages. The ingress and egress changes when you cannot open the door fully. When you father goes for a test drive, I recommend that he enter and exit the car with the door being only half open. If he is okay with this exercise, he should have no issue going forward.

I have no issues getting in and have learned how to use the car itself for leverage to get out when the door is partially open. Since I also own a large SUV, the degree of difficulty with the Taycan's entry and exit is quite noticeable in comparison.
Many thanks for the reply 991carreradriver. Another valuable feedback. That's indeed a very good point! It is exactly what I was worried about as narrow parking spaces are the norm in Taiwan. I shall ask my parents to try it when they are in the dealership.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
The back seat is not spacious. If I understood you are talking about driving four adults and luggage.

unless they really want a Taycan I would get an EQS or model Y. It just would be an easier car for them and better suited unless performance driving is what they want. In that case a Taycan is the best bar none. You have a lot of people here who can’t see past their own purchasing decisions. The Taycan is a decent 4 person gt but there are better options if that is the primary use case. E Tron comes to mind as well

Last edited:

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am 61, and 6‘3“ tall. I have absolutely no problem getting in and out of the car. The backseats are definitely tight, it would depend on how tall the passengers are. With people under 6 feet it should be OK. For those saying they can fit a decent amount of luggage in the frunk, I don’t understand that at all. The frunk is pretty small. In any case all these questions could be answered by a visit to a dealership and a test drive. Your parents could bring some sample luggage to try and see how well it fits. That would be my suggestion.
Sponsored