LewChappers

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
How can I set up the car so that everytime I start driving it is automatically in ‘sport’ mode??
Sponsored

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Per WLTP, you have to boot up in the mode the car was tested in.
This goes for many other cars/EVs

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag
Per WLTP, you have to boot up in the mode the car was tested in.
This goes for many other cars/EVs
Weird ! Tesla has a per drive profile and it loads up your suspension and drive mode preferences without having to modify anything

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Weird ! Tesla has a per drive profile and it loads up your suspension and drive mode preferences without having to modify anything
Tesla has their own rules and isn't known to follow regulations in general.

Audi E-Tron SUV doesn't have this either.

My I-Pace and E-Tron GT have this issue

It's extremely simple to make it go into your last mode. It's not because of technical incompetence

KoSoVaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Performance, M5 Comp
Country flag

It's extremely simple to make it go into your last mode. It's not because of technical incompetence
Apologies! I am not quite following. Are you saying that Tesla isn’t following whatever regulation that mandates that a vehicle must load the driving performance profile that it was tested with? I’m not at all familiar with this either way, just trying to understand.

The issue of the last profile loading seems more like a feature and not a bug is my interpretation of your message. Are you saying that it’s easy as in a user can simply change the profile?

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Apologies! I am not quite following. Are you saying that Tesla isn’t following whatever regulation that mandates that a vehicle must load the driving performance profile that it was tested with? I’m not at all familiar with this either way, just trying to understand.

The issue of the last profile loading seems more like a feature and not a bug is my interpretation of your message. Are you saying that it’s easy as in a user can simply change the profile?
In general Tesla doesn't follow mandates if they don't feel like it.
I'm saying this because I never use Tesla to compare to any other OEM and ask why Tesla can do it.

The last profile loading is a feature, not a bug and it would be very easy for Porsche to fix this, but they chose not to do it. The reason they won't fix this is because it's mandated by WLTP. It's very silly rule.

On my E-Tron GT if it's in Dynamic mode, raised or lowered suspension or if the rear wing is up, I can leave the car parked like that. Once I start the car it will lower to Comfort mode and even the wing will go down because those all affect range.
The car must start in the exact mode it was tested in for the WLTP range rating test

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
In general Tesla doesn't follow mandates if they don't feel like it.
I'm saying this because I never use Tesla to compare to any other OEM and ask why Tesla can do it.

The last profile loading is a feature, not a bug and it would be very easy for Porsche to fix this, but they chose not to do it. The reason they won't fix this is because it's mandated by WLTP. It's very silly rule.

On my E-Tron GT if it's in Dynamic mode, raised or lowered suspension or if the rear wing is up, I can leave the car parked like that. Once I start the car it will lower to Comfort mode and even the wing will go down because those all affect range.
The car must start in the exact mode it was tested in for the WLTP range rating test
I don’t think it’s as specific as you say, as the Taycan will save whatever ride height you had when you last stopped the car.

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
The ford lightning will ask at start up if you want sport mode if that was the last mode used. It won’t default to it but it’s smart enough to remember you used that mode last and ask. Too bad the taycan couldn’t just ask. But I kinda feel like sports chrono is sold on the idea of easy mode adjustment so maybe Porsche just wants to make some more money

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag

So Audo E-tron SUV doesn’t follow regulation but the E-tron GT does? Makes perfect sense!

All Porsche probably needed to do is pop up a disclaimer when you choose to restore last used mode automatically and have the owner agree to the terms. Just because there‘s regulation doesn’t mean they can’t choose to work around it or change the rule. Of course they just take the easier route - follow it.
Sponsored