How to get Wireless CarPlay working?

ZoomZoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hi! New here! Just taken delivery of my Taycan (MY21) and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get wireless CarPlay working. It just doesn't seem to want to connect. Wired works fine but it's a bit of a hassle given the size and position of the storage box (plus with wireless charging for the phone it seems a bit mad having a cabled connection too!).

Anyone got any steps on how to get this working?

TIA!
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Maybe it's related to My Porsche account? At delviery 2 weeks ago my phone connected to car play without any cable connection. I did login to my account first thing then setup everything else.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
What I have learned is to have Wifi on but not connect it manually to the car. I went into carplay settings of the iPhone where you can establish a wireless carplay connection. After that I just connect my phone through bluetooth with the car and I can start carplay through the carplay button on the screen.

OP
OP

ZoomZoom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hmmm thanks for the suggestions. I've tried all the above and it just hangs. On the first photo the CarPlay logo just spins for a few seconds and gives up. I have tried activating by USB as well and it works until you unplug it then won't connect wirelessly. Such an unintuitive process!

Interestingly I have slightly different menu names to the ones in the guide from submatrix ?

Porsche Taycan How to get Wireless CarPlay working? IMG_1132

Porsche Taycan How to get Wireless CarPlay working? IMG_1133

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Delete the device from the PCM and PCM from your phone.

Start over using the instructions from the Porsche Good To Know App posted above.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Your phone maybe could be wedged, too...if all else fails try resetting* (vol up/vol down, hold power button on newer phones) then try the procedure again. This will often fix problems for me where “the phone should just work”, but inexplicably doesn’t.

*Note - NOT a factory reset :)

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wanted to report that I had wireless CarPlay working on my 2020 after the software update then some months later it stopped working seemingly mysteriously. I had gone into delete the phone entry from the Taycan and remove the Bluetooth setting for the car on my iPhone and go through set up again and again and again it would seemingly go through but CarPlay would never come up wirelessly and I had to use a USB cable. Then I noticed when I went into Wi-Fi settings that I had a 5G Connection set up for the car, I think I was playing around trying to get the car to be a hotspot for my phone. Going into the “i” button on that Wi-Fi item and doing a Forget this Network then going through the set up again and everything worked fine.

So if you are having problems configuring wireless CarPlay, please make sure you have no remembered connections to the car hotspot.
Sponsored